• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Drinking Tolerance

I've found the best way to increase your alcohol tolerance is to increase your amount of body fat. That's probably what ya'll are experiencing.

7ukK1.gif

I'm in my late 20s and have had more whole-day hangovers in the past year than I had in four years of college (I can still taste that ham, cheese, and tomato omelette on Saturday morning in the Pit). Hangover recovery definitely gets worse with age

My tolerance in terms of how much is required to get me drunk hasn't really changed over the years ... but the hangovers the next day have gotten worse and worse, and are far easier to trigger. More than 2 glasses of wine with dinner now and I'm popping an aspirin in the morning and wondering why the fuck I did that.

My tolerance in terms of how much is required to get me drunk hasn't really changed over the years ... but the hangovers the next day have gotten worse and worse, and are far easier to trigger.

Well said. This matches my experience.

Drink twice as much. Hangovers are 10 times as bad.

This. So much this.

You get older and your hangovers get worse and you start wondering if you have early stages of liver disease as a result.

I've read that Motley Crue used to keep pedialyte stocked on the road to deal with their hangovers. Coconut water is supposed to be good too. I know that a bowl of ramen (the hot Korean kind is best) always helped, but didn't always cure. I think my problem was I always tried to apply the cure in the morning when I woke up rather than doing some preemptive treatment before I crashed. I was usually too drunk to think about it before I crashed.

I still drink these days, but rarely get drunk anymore. Married life and responsibilities have tamed the beast. Better late than never.

Last edited:
I'm in my late 20s and have had more whole-day hangovers in the past year than I had in four years of college (I can still taste that ham, cheese, and tomato omelette on Saturday morning in the Pit). Hangover recovery definitely gets worse with age

Nothing makes you feel old like the two-day hangover. I've had a few instances of drinking hard on Saturday night and then Monday morning rolls around and I still feel like shit. Shots were almost always involved though, and now I'm too old for that shit.

Had a baller ass tolerance in law school. Have noticed that Im remembering way less now when I go out. Not a complete blackout but browning out hard as fuck. I dont like it one bit. I wanna be a young drunk forever. I will say that hangovers are hilariously tame now after I quit ripping a pack of heaters a night.

oh man waking up needing a cig with a bad hangover is brutal

I drink ~2 beers a day, and can still always start to feel that second. I mitigate things as much as possible by drinking a ton of water before bed (and keep a water bottle beside the bed).

I have not noticed a difference. I am not having a dozen blue motorcycles a night or anything like that.

I drink ~2 beers a day, and can still always start to feel that second. I mitigate things as much as possible by drinking a ton of water before bed (and keep a water bottle beside the bed).

true, but I'm guessing you're drinking a real beer and not some 4.3% busch lite

true, but I'm guessing you're drinking a real beer and not some 4.3% busch lite

oh, absolutely. most of it is 6.5-7%. but still, i am surprised my tolerance hasn't gone up/surprised i still feel a little buzz about 1/2way through my second.

Had a baller ass tolerance in law school. Have noticed that Im remembering way less now when I go out. Not a complete blackout but browning out hard as fuck. I dont like it one bit. I wanna be a young drunk forever. I will say that hangovers are hilariously tame now after I quit ripping a pack of heaters a night.

So much this. I usually end up on the couch when I come home after a night out, watching some terrible movie. Then I wake up the next morning and generally remember everything except for some conversation details and what the hell I was watching. Sometimes I get so paranoid that I look up the TV listings for the night before. Then it's like "Ohhh yeeaahhhh... I WAS watching Super Troopers at 2am on Comedy Central."

yeah, the brownout thing is real and it happens with hardly any alcohol it seems. Like, at no point in an evening would I consider myself to be dr. junk, and in the morning there are just holes in conversations. I don't like it.

Back