• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

duke Game Thread (Thursday, 7:30, ESPN)

Clawson isn't the problem, but...

-We have no QB. To the extent that's a recruiting issue, that's on Clawson.
-Tonight was peak Griffis. He played well when he didn't have to do the slow-as-fuck mesh stuff.
-But he lost two balls from throwing them. WTF. This isn't Pop Warner football. Dude must have smaller hands than Trump. Not good for a QB. I don't actually begrudge him for the other fumble where he was at least trying to get a first down...except the he got hit in the back and not the ball.
-If Duke had just run the ball with those zone runs, they would've beat us by 4 TDs and the missed FGs wouldn't have been an issue. Except that they were. So instead they beat us with a 3rd string true freshman QB.
-You can't miss chip shot FGs.
-The PI was bullshit. Didn't impede anything, but the guy flopped and got the call. That said, you can't let your frustration manifest itself with a FUCKING SUPLEX penalty. Jesus, people.

People calling for Clawson's ouster are dumb, but he's going to have a total rebuild. Everybody who is any good, and granted there aren't many, are going to hit the portal. We are going to have to replace people with kids from some shitty school whose grades won't transfer to Wake.

Lol, @Donkey Deac Doug liking every post in a whole game thread. This guy.
I was there until the 3rs quarter with my three oldest kids. I felt like keeping them there any longer was child abuse. And it wasn't the temperature. I nearly had my 11 year old go down to the field to sub in for QB1. It would have been an improvement.

-Tonight was peak Griffis. He played well when he didn't have to do the slow-as-fuck mesh stuff.
-But he lost two balls from throwing them. WTF. This isn't Pop Warner football. Dude must have smaller hands than Trump. Not good for a QB. I don't actually begrudge him for the other fumble where he was at least trying to get a first down...except the he got hit in the back and not the ball.
-If Duke had just run the ball with those zone runs, they would've beat us by 4 TDs and the missed FGs wouldn't have been an issue. Except that they were. So instead they beat us with a 3rd string true freshman QB.
-The PI was bullshit. Didn't impede anything, but the guy flopped and got the call. That said, you can't let your frustration manifest itself with a FUCKING SUPLEX penalty. Jesus, people.

People calling for Clawson's ouster are dumb, but he's going to have a total rebuild. Everybody who is any good, and granted there aren't many, are going to hit the portal. We are going to have to replace people with kids from some shitty school whose grades won't transfer to Wake.
Come on man, that was PI no doubt. The shame was the ball was not thrown well enough where it was needed, but Jone’s pushed him.

This isn't on the defense. Yeah they could've played better. But get some eyes. The offense absolutely lost this. Mitch absolutely lost this.
Clawson absolutely lost this. I think he's done, let's move on. We cannot do much worse at this point. We don't have any ACC success.

This post is weird. You claim Clawson isn't the problem but state we need a total rebuild in year #10. Let' just think about that one for a bit.

Yep. PI and with the 2 late flags, Jones single handedly gave them the game winning FG.

This isn't on the defense. Yeah they could've played better. But get some eyes. The offense absolutely lost this. Mitch absolutely lost this.

The Duke offense hadn’t scored a TD in something like 7 quarters and all it took was going against a Brad Lambert defense to flip the script.

With a 3rd string true frosh qb.

Clawson deserves all of the shit shoveled his way for putting that game on the shoulders of Brad fucking Lambert.

Watching this team, it is like they are coached by Danny Manning. They are stupid, undisciplined, and seemingly incapable of making any kind of adjustment. I have been trying to think of a way that Clawson could have done a worse job this season and haven’t been able to come up with a thing.

This post is weird. You claim Clawson isn't the problem but state we need a total rebuild in year #10. Let' just think about that one for a bit.
I don’t agree with rebuild. This team is not that bad. Wake especially has t9 have a great QB and we have the worst player in P5. sad really.

Back