• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Eli

Anybody else see Eli on Letterman last night? Surprised at how much I liked the dude. Basically said he just got lucky w/ that pass and great catch, and didn't really intend it.

Yup. Eli over Big Ben. Hard to argue about the top three, but there are 28 NFL teams out there that I'm guessing wouldn't mind having Eli.

I'd take this guy:

Cam_Newton_Superman.jpg

Last edited:
12 months ago people were debating whether Eli was in the top half of QBs in the league. Names like Freeman, Cutler, Flacco, and Bradford were thrown out as his equivalent or better.

The guy has come a long way in one season. I put him behind only Brady, Manning, Rodgers and Brees.

Make it a top 6 and I agree with you:

Rodgers
Brees
Brady
P. Manning
Roethlisberger
E. Manning

Tough to argue with Eli knocking any of the above out of a ranking of the top 5.

The only ones of those 5 who are even arguable as being better than Eli are Brees and Rodgers. If you had one game to win, you are taking Peyton over Eli? No way. Or Brady for that matter at this point? Brady has done nothing but gag dick when given the opportunity to win it all for the past 7 years, and the 3 he did win (granted, a spectacular achievement) were because McNabb literally vomited on himself, Kasay kicked the ball out of bounds, and the Tuck rule (all of which were "luckier" than Tyree or Manningham insofar as Brady had absolutely nothing to do with them). Not to mention that Eli has outplayed him head-to-head repeatedly. The Fat Fuck Rapistburger isn't even in the same conversation.

The only ones of those 5 who are even arguable as being better than Eli are Brees and Rodgers. If you had one game to win, you are taking Peyton over Eli? No way. Or Brady for that matter at this point? Brady has done nothing but gag dick when given the opportunity to win it all for the past 7 years, and the 3 he did win (granted, a spectacular achievement) were because McNabb literally vomited on himself, Kasay kicked the ball out of bounds, and the Tuck rule (all of which were "luckier" than Tyree or Manningham insofar as Brady had absolutely nothing to do with them). Not to mention that Eli has outplayed him head-to-head repeatedly. The Fat Fuck Rapistburger isn't even in the same conversation.

Nobody in their right mind would prefer to go up against any of the 4 other qb's instead of Eli.

The Giants have faded badly three years in a row and Eli has been the qb. This year they lost big games down the stretch to the Eagles with Vince Young playing and to the woeful redskins. In a must game against the mediocre Jets Eli was 9 for 27 in a victory. They had no business even making the playoffs, but the NFc East was worse than it's ever been.

That being said, Congrats to the Giants and Eli and I mean that sincerely (Eli appears to be a very good guy). They took advantage of their regular season good fortune as well as their playoff good forttune (recovered all 8 fumbles in their playoff games) and won a title. Eli is a very good qb, prob tied with Rothlisberger for 5th, but there is a big gap between the top 4 and the others (top 3 if Peyton can't come back).

only a dumbass would pick brady over eli right now.

Cam Newton is better than Eli just like Delhomme was way better than McNabb.

I am far from a Pats homer, but if Welker catches that ball on the last drive, Brady is in the conversation as best QB of all time. Eli is not there.

God -- I hate when people ignore 79 plays in a game and focus on just one.

If the refs don't call phantom hold on the Kevin Boothe towards the end of the second half, Giants dont punt, they probably score points, and the score at half-time is 12-3 or even 16-3.

Why can't I bring up that play and point out that the Welker play shouldn't have even mattered? It's just as logical

God -- I hate when people ignore 79 plays in a game and focus on just one.

If the refs don't call phantom hold on the Kevin Boothe towards the end of the second half, Giants dont punt, they probably score points, and the score at half-time is 12-3 or even 16-3.

Why can't I bring up that play and point out that the Welker play shouldn't have even mattered? It's just as logical

Or the non call on the pass interference

You really think Kasay kicking it out of bounds or McNabb freaking out was luckier than literally the luckiest catch anyone has ever seen? The Manningham throw was nothing but skill but the Tyree catch was the definition of a fluke.

I am far from a Pats homer, but if Welker catches that ball on the last drive, Brady is in the conversation as best QB of all time. Eli is not there.

the best QB of all time makes that throw

You really think Kasay kicking it out of bounds or McNabb freaking out was luckier than literally the luckiest catch anyone has ever seen? The Manningham throw was nothing but skill but the Tyree catch was the definition of a fluke.

Yes. Tyree and Manningham were/are both paid a ton of money to catch passes. They practice doing it all day every day, and they did it in the game. That doesn't mean they are successful every time, but it means they are generally pretty damn good at it. The actions of McNabb and Kasay were the exact opposite of what they are paid to do and what they practice doing. A pro athlete failing to the degree of Kasay or McNabb in those situations (especially athletes of the caliber of Kasay and McNabb at their respective positions) is luckier than two guys doing exactly what they practice doing every day of their lives.

And if the Tuck Rule doesn't happen and Kasay doesn't kick the ball out of bounds, Brady is Rich Gannon. That's sports.

Back