• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Eli

I'd still take Rivers over Eli......Philllllllllip on that Giants team would be bananas.

If only Manningham had played like that all season on my fantasy team.

Its kinda funny - at the beginning of the game when Manningham missed an easy(er) pass, I commented to my Dad that its crazy when a guy who is a STUD in college is very average in the NFL. Then Manningham makes me eat my words.

Its kinda funny - at the beginning of the game when Manningham missed an easy(er) pass, I commented to my Dad that its crazy when a guy who is a STUD in college is very average in the NFL. Then Manningham makes me eat my words.

you didn't watch too many Giants games this year, did you?

Last edited:
Isn't Manningham slow by NFL wideout standards? Think he is just an elite route runner.

Isn't Manningham slow by NFL wideout standards? Think he is just an elite route runner.

I don't know exactly how fast he is, but he is an awful route runner and generally an idiot on the field. He hardly played at all his rookie year because he couldn't learn the playbook or know where he was supposed to be. He gets yelled at by Eli and Coughlin during games more than any WR on the team for going the wrong way or running the wrong route. But when he and Eli are on the same page and he is the #3 target for defenses to defend, it works.

Yes. Tyree and Manningham were/are both paid a ton of money to catch passes. They practice doing it all day every day, and they did it in the game. That doesn't mean they are successful every time, but it means they are generally pretty damn good at it. The actions of McNabb and Kasay were the exact opposite of what they are paid to do and what they practice doing. A pro athlete failing to the degree of Kasay or McNabb in those situations (especially athletes of the caliber of Kasay and McNabb at their respective positions) is luckier than two guys doing exactly what they practice doing every day of their lives.

Give me a break dude. You can't have it both ways. Of course football is a game of inches. Pacino said so. If Brady didn't catch some breaks, he wouldn't be where he is, but if Welker catches that pass, neither is Eli.

The fact is that Brady took a defense that was almost dead last in the league, put them on his back and scored enough points every week this year that the Pats went to the Superblow.

The other fact is that the Giants have the best line in football, and when that line wasnt healthy for most of the regular season, the Giants were a .500 team. When that line gets 100% again, hey its magic! and the Giants go on a run.

Brady won 3 rings in a row. The giants have never even sniffed that kind of consistency. No one in their right mind would take Eli over Brady. If Brady and Eli switched places in that game, Giants win by 21.

Give me a break dude. You can't have it both ways. Of course football is a game of inches. Pacino said so. If Brady didn't catch some breaks, he wouldn't be where he is, but if Welker catches that pass, neither is Eli.

The fact is that Brady took a defense that was almost dead last in the league, put them on his back and scored enough points every week this year that the Pats went to the Superblow.

The other fact is that the Giants have the best line in football, and when that line wasnt healthy for most of the regular season, the Giants were a .500 team. When that line gets 100% again, hey its magic! and the Giants go on a run.

Brady won 3 rings in a row. The giants have never even sniffed that kind of consistency. No one in their right mind would take Eli over Brady. If Brady and Eli switched places in that game, Giants win by 21.

I'm taking anything away from Brady because he's the best QB in the league and he did an outstanding job this season. But the path to the Superbowl in the NFC was much more difficult than the path in the AFC. I think you could arguably say that the Giants beat the Top 4 teams in the league in their playoff run. To do that you need a lot of inches.

I think Brady is better but two of his three Super Bowl victories were won with defense too. Not like Eli didn't show up. He completed 30 of his 40 passes for 300 yards on Sunday and threw for 1200 yards and 9 TDs against only 1 INT in the playoffs.

The Giants will repeat.

Write it down bitches.

You better hope the Giants draw the Falcons in the 1st round again.

2008- Cardinals d. Falcons in WildCard Round.
Cardinals go to the Super Bowl.

2009- Falcons miss playoffs due to Matt Ryan missing like three games that year. Still finished 9-7.

2010- Packers d. Falcons in Divisional Round (Falcons earned a bye that year due to them having the best record in the NFC)

Packers win the Super Bowl.

2011- Giants d. Falcons in the WildCard Round

Giants win the Super Bowl.

The Giants will repeat.

Write it down bitches.

unless victor cruz or nicks stabs himself in the leg or something.

one thing i didn't think of till now: how stupid did plaxico feel this past sunday? bet he was glad he signed for a longer contract with the jets than the one-year deal the giants offered....

unless victor cruz or nicks stabs himself in the leg or something.

one thing i didn't think of till now: how stupid did plaxico feel this past sunday? bet he was glad he signed for a longer contract with the jets than the one-year deal the giants offered....

On a similar note, how many salsa dances are the Giants doing in hindsight because an injured Steve Smith felt offended and decided to bolt for the Eagles?

On a similar note, how many salsa dances are the Giants doing in hindsight because an injured Steve Smith felt offended and decided to bolt for the Eagles?

Prob the best break of all for the Giants. Not only did Cruz turn out to be a stud, but Smith was atrocious and his dropped pass turned into interception had a lot to do with the Giants beating the Eagles early in the season - the only victory for the Giants over the Eagles in the last 4 years and the difference in which team made the playoffs.

wow, forgot about him too...jerry reese is easily one of the most happiest men in america this week (with a nice assist from WF grad ernie accorsi).

Brady won 3 rings in a row. The giants have never even sniffed that kind of consistency. No one in their right mind would take Eli over Brady. If Brady and Eli switched places in that game, Giants win by 21.[/QUOTE]

Definitely at least by two touchdowns. I find it hard to believe anyone would think otherwise.

Brady did not win three in a row. Can't we just say they're both really good?

Eli is a bitch.

Loser led the NFL in interceptions just last year. Hell, in Week 16, he had lost what, 5 out of the last 6 games. The team got hot at the right moment - nothing more, nothing less. Color me not impressed.

PS: I'll rip down any sign of a Super Bowl banner they put up in my stadium next year. I hate every Giants fan in this area - never heard the end of it from 2007 and now it will be exponentially worse. I have faith that Rex will bring us to the promised land.

Eli is a bitch.

Loser led the NFL in interceptions just last year. Hell, in Week 16, he had lost what, 5 out of the last 6 games. The team got hot at the right moment - nothing more, nothing less. Color me not impressed.

PS: I'll rip down any sign of a Super Bowl banner they put up in my stadium next year. I hate every Giants fan in this area - never heard the end of it from 2007 and now it will be exponentially worse. I have faith that Rex will bring us to the promised land.

If by bring you to the promise land, you mean jerk off on your feet, then yes.

Eli is a bitch.

I don't hate the Jets, or really spend too much time thinking about them. Sorry you picked the wrong football team.

Back