• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Eric Cantor about to lose his primary

I will admit that i know squat about Brat, but it is hard to imagine he would make a worse congressman than Cantor.

well, the fact that he credited his victory as a "miracle from God" and his intent to "return governmental rule to Judeo-Christian principles" is somewhat alarming

Yeah, my congressman is Robert Pittenger, and he sucks. But nobody criticizes him for the shit I would criticize him for. He gets criticized for not shutting down the whole government. If he loses, we're totally fucked. He easily beat this guy in the primary this year:

Today we have the “ruling political elite” versus “the rest of us”. I am part of the “rest of us” who is saying that no more will we accept leadership in Washington that does not represent We the People.

Everyday people such as you and me are experiencing the deceptive workings of government and how Americans are being manipulated and exploited. Greed, special interests and corporate cronyism are targeting America and reshaping North Carolina. This is not the American way, and too few leaders are trying to stop it.

Whether it is Obamacare, the NSA, IRS, the 17 trillion dollar debt (and growing), the takeover of taxpayer assets, scandals and cover-ups, we are increasingly feeling the heavy hand and failure of our government.

Our country needs leaders who will boldly uphold our Constitution and not allow government and outside interests to rob us of our prosperity and individual liberties. I am a husband, father, citizens’ advocate, Constitutional Conservative Republican and businessman. To fight for you and your family and the exceptional nation of the United State of America, I would be honored and humbled to represent you as your U.S. Representative for the 9th Congressional District in North Carolina.

We need to defund Obamacare, stop the spying on American citizens, and immediately begin reducing the federal debt. In addition, I am strongly in favor of auditing the Federal Reserve.

In addition to his professional career, Mike wrote and produced a 2-part DVD series titled "The Bible Is Living Energy" (or simply, "Living Energy”). Soon after, he wrote the book "Tea For Three: What Every American Needs To Learn About The Tea Party Before It's Too Late”. Through his research for this book he discovered the depth of the economic mess that America faces.

At a town hall meeting at Queens College on August 5th, 2013 Rep. Robert Pittenger was asked "Will you vote to defund Obamacare?" Pittenger answered, "No". Many were outraged at his explanation, and further disappointed when he followed through and, on October 16th 2013, betrayed his conservative district and voted to fund Obamacare.

I'll point out the 45.7% of this gerrymandered conservative district voted for Mr. Pittenger's Democratic opponent in the 2012 election.

well, the fact that he credited his victory as a "miracle from God" and his intent to "return governmental rule to Judeo-Christian principles" is somewhat alarming

I'm pretty sure he's a evil librul professor from a librul arts college. That must be a mistake.

Dave Brat, Economics professor:

davebrat.jpg

VS

Jack Trammell, Sociology professor:

8034893B609E4F1EACCAFD12F5C9C30B.ashx

Trammell looks like a stud.

And it appears that my original assessment of a tea partier who has a graduate degree in divinity who ousts a pretty conservative congressman in the primary being a nutjob was probably right.

MIRACLE FROM GOD1!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT AWESOME IDEAS HE HAS UP HIS SLEEVE

Thanks, dotcom. Obviously, this has not been lost on me. I'm going to try to do a vitae breakdown later today.

This is the equivalent of 2 professors from Barton fucking College running against each other for NC-1 or NC-2.

Cue the outrage in a month or so when Obama acts unilaterally.

Obama will react unilaterally on immigration, but probably not until next Spring. A unilateral move now doesn't necessarily help Dems in low turnout off year midterm elections. He's better off waiting until the next Congress is seated, which will no doubt be more conservative. Latino vote can be a difference maker in presidential swing states (FL, NV, CO, NM). Dems just need to let the most strident voices in the GOP speak up and further erode chances with Latinos. Tea Party is so opposed to immigration reform that no 2016 wannabes will dare take up the issue in 2016 primaries, making them even worse off in the general election. Cantor is to the right of Jeb, Rubio, and Perry on immigration reform.

Cantor is an enormous POS, and I'm all for killing off the Beltway elite. Modern career politicians are generally horrible people. But another Tea Partier? Yuck.

I feel like sweeping generalizations about "insiders" and "career politicians" are really dumb.

Or a modern truth. Nobody STAYS in DC for their constituents, they stay because it's a cake job that will lead to a six figure consulting position once they leave office.

Outside of a few outliers they're all scum. But keeping waiting for your white knight Townie.

I feel like sweeping generalizations about "insiders" and "career politicians" are really dumb.

Agree. That is what birthed the bastard child that is called the Tea Party. Vote everyone out if they have experience! MS is doing this exact thing with Thad Cochran and McDaniels. Republicans are about to take control of the Senate in all likelihood and we are going to vote out the most senior member of congress. It is truly mindboggling.

Or a modern truth. Nobody STAYS in DC for their constituents, they stay because it's a cake job that will lead to a six figure consulting position once they leave office.

Outside of a few outliers they're all scum. But keeping waiting for your white knight Townie.

Can you point to the great legislative accomplishments of all the new representatives in Congress? Are they somehow less beholden to special interests and party influence because they're new?

See, that's the only thing about the Tea Party that I agree with. Vote them all out and start over.

We are in $15 trillion dollars worth of debt, our financial system is nothing more than a bloated ponzi scheme, and our place in the world is diminishing by the day.

They have failed. Time to go.

Back