• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon (NWT, unfortunately)

Michigan's basketball team showing the football team how defense is done.

21-0 with almost 10 minutes gone.

I guess this is the college hoop thread for today's games.

High Point is giving Purdue all they want. Boilers up 4 with 14 left.
Purdue only up 4 at the under 8 minute mark. Purdue is 3 for 12 in FTs.

Does the clock no longer stop after a make inside a minute left? The last two makes, the clock kept running.

George Mason and FIU coming down to the wire...66-64 GMU with 2 mins left. Hewitt vs. Thomas coaching battle.

Boston College beat a Stetson-level New Hampshire team by 3 tonight. They are an underdog @ Holy Cross on Friday.

Richmond lost @ Davidson by 13. That's a winnable game for us this year.

Boston College beat a Stetson-level New Hampshire team by 3 tonight. They are an underdog @ Holy Cross on Friday.

Yeah they are pretty bad. They might only be favored (in terms of KenPom) in 3-4 more games once they start their free fall.

Also...not sure how far I am behind because I am watching on ESPN3, but FIU-GMU just tipped off in OT.

Do you guys think Donahue overachieved or underachieved with that senior laden team + Reggie Jackson last year? People talk about him like he did a great job but he had a lot of talent on that team. Add to that if we had the type of combined recruiting classes he has had in 11 and 12 we'd be on suicide watch.

His offense is incredible. He knows how to generate open 3 pointers pretty much constantly.

Not sure if this is lucky or good...
Reggie Jackson from 3:
2010: 32-110 (29%)
2011: 71-169 (42%)

Biko Paris from 3:
2010: 10-37 (27%)
2011: 76-180 (42%)

I really don't know what to make of that. But he built the #16 offense in the nation at Cornell, and then brought BC to #17 last year. So I think his teams will be solid offensively regardless of the talent level.

Last year though, BC's D regressed horribly. That's going to be the issue. I'd be very worried if I was a BC fan.

Donahue sucks balls. His only success at Cornell came thanks to the extreme fortune of landing two of the best players in school history in the same class. He was there for years without much success before that and they went back to being crappy after their studs graduated.

He came to BC and immediately lost not only their entire recruiting class, but also multiple key players. Then he signed what is an ostensibly subpar class despite having a ton of playing time to offer. He makes Bzz look like John Wooden.

Last edited:
Donahue sucks balls. His only success at Cornell thanks to getting lucky and landing two of the best players in school history in the same class. He was there for years without much success before that and they went back to being crappy after their studs graduated.

He came to BC and immediately lost not only their entire recruiting class, but also multiple key players. Then he signed what is an ostensibly subpar class despite having a ton of playing time to offer. He makes Bzz look like John Wooden.

Idk...he doesn't appear to be a great recruiter, but his offense and defense both improved almost every year he was at Cornell. Either way, he was responsible for getting those two players who made the program successful. I think Donahue's a pretty decent coach.

Watching on ESPN3...like a minute and a half delay, but it's in HD. Well worth the tradeoff imo.

Back