• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ethan Reeve????

Probably up to the next football coach. Other than the head coaches all other assistants (including the strength coach) are either on one year contracts or are at-will employees. So, replacing the strength coach, can be done quickly.

I did notice on the football roster page at wakeforestsports.com, that Grobe and pretty much all his assistant's names have already been removed. Reeve's name is still their, but you'd think a new coach would probably hire his own strength coach. I kind of hope so, I think we've heard enough rumors about the S&C program, a change is probably in order there too.

Never heard anyone say anything negative about Reeve. I, for one, owe a lot of my success to this man.

Thanks for the input, all I've ever heard were rumors, which a lot of time are worthless.

I did notice on the football roster page at wakeforestsports.com, that Grobe and pretty much all his assistant's names have already been removed. Reeve's name is still their, but you'd think a new coach would probably hire his own strength coach. I kind of hope so, I think we've heard enough rumors about the S&C program, a change is probably in order there too.

Interesting. Often, a University going through a coaching search will retain an assistant to communicate with current commitments to keep them connected to WF. Don't see anyone on the list of remaining football staffers that would be able to do that (other than possibly the Director of High School relations - Greg Baile).

Thanks for the input, all I've ever heard were rumors, which a lot of time are worthless.

Coincidentally, he is very good friends with my neighbor in the house I grew up in. My parents and that neighbor still live there. That neighbor was a Coach on the USA Olympic weightlifting team and HIGHLY endorsed Coach Reeve.

Is the S&C guy that a bunch of the players dislike?

Yeah, there have been posts on these boards from people close to the program about Reeves' methods being terribly outdated and unfocused (not tailored to player or position).

Coincidentally, he is very good friends with my neighbor in the house I grew up in. My parents and that neighbor still live there. That neighbor was a Coach on the USA Olympic weightlifting team and HIGHLY endorsed Coach Reeve.

From what's been posted on here, I think the knock on Reeves was that he pushed Olympic lifts and a "one program fits all" approach - not tailoring programs to position. But that is all hearsay.

FWIW, WF players have tested well at the combine in recent years.

Yeah, there have been posts on these boards from people close to the program about Reeves' methods being terribly outdated and unfocused (not tailored to player or position).

That's in line with things that I've heard, that maybe he wasn't utilizing some of the more modern training techniques and such. Seemed like when Grobe first got here, Reeve did a very good job of improving our conditioning though.

Need to hire Diamond Dallas Page and get us some yoga in the weight room!

I've done some of that, it ain't no joke. Maybe a new S&C coach will hit the Big Lots and buy up abunch of "Shake-Weights" to bring in too.

Yeah, I'd have no problem with a coach wanting his guy. However, I've never heard a player, past or present, that I respected, say anything negative about Coach Reeve. The guy did some really good things with certain players to maximize performance. And overall, among the ~7 classes I was around, most really enjoyed the S&C program.

Yeah, I'd have no problem with a coach wanting his guy. However, I've never heard a player, past or present, that I respected, say anything negative about Coach Reeve. The guy did some really good things with certain players to maximize performance. And overall, among the ~7 classes I was around, most really enjoyed the S&C program.

I think this should just about resolve the debate on the issue. In my very limited interaction with him, I cam away quite impressed.

I've always liked Reeve too. IIRC some of the stink came about by way of RULZ. He was making a big deal out of a few guys choosing to do their offseason S&C with Camp's brother instead of following the prescribed routine.

Back