• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ethan Reeve????

Rafi, 21 to 0 is a good stat for Wake. Pretty interesting that we only outnumber Duke in players in the NFL 9 to 6.

I think that even further supports the idea that Wake did a really good job of developing players while they were at Wake, as opposed to finding diamonds in the rough.

SDeacz, you're talking about players who played at Wake quite awhile ago and weren't part of the 5 year slide that may find Reeve without a job.

Rafi, 21 to 0 is a good stat for Wake. Pretty interesting that we only outnumber Duke in players in the NFL 9 to 6.

There isn't much you can do with a bad crop of players. I've disliked the recruiting coordinator for a long team and cannot for the life of understand why he outlasted other coaches who were let go. I think our Recruiting since 2006 has gotten really bad. Grobe's fault for sure for not changing something about that. But I think that's the biggest factor. Players just weren't good enough, coupled with some questionable attitudes and a lack of leadership.

I can definitely agree with that.

Why do you think recruiting went so far downhill? We built on the Seattle Bowl and brought in the program's signature talents. Why couldn't we do the same after the Orange Bowl? Was it lazy recruiting at the Jax prep schools?

I've known Coach Reeve for seven years and worked in the weight room for four years when I was in undergrad. I could write an essay on the man, his program and approach, and what it was like watching class after class go through. We would be lucky to retain him and his staff, but I understand the reality of the situation. He, like Jim Grobe, is a class act who if not retained all wake fans should wish nothing but the best given his contributions to Wake. He knows his stuff and it's easy to scapegoat when things aren't going well but I've seen the results and a lot goes into molding a successful athlete.

This is true.

I can definitely agree with that.

Why do you think recruiting went so far downhill? We built on the Seattle Bowl and brought in the program's signature talents. Why couldn't we do the same after the Orange Bowl? Was it lazy recruiting at the Jax prep schools?

I think the losses of Coach Mullen, Coach Calhoun, Coach Lambert, Coach Hood were Monumental losses for the program. Not only for their coaching ability, but they were by far the most well liked coaches on the team. They also did a great job recruiting. Challenging, engaging, and passionate. I was a big fan of Coach Henry too. Didn't understand letting him go and keeping others.

I think the losses of Coach Mullen, Coach Calhoun, Coach Lambert, Coach Hood were Monumental losses for the program. Not only for their coaching ability, but they were by far the most well liked coaches on the team. They also did a great job recruiting. Challenging, engaging, and passionate. I was a big fan of Coach Henry too. Didn't understand letting him go and keeping others.

No doubt Grobe did a poor job of keeping a staff around him to replicate our early success. So, now that he's gone, what's the inside opinion on Lobo?

No doubt Grobe did a poor job of keeping a staff around him to replicate our early success. So, now that he's gone, what's the inside opinion on Lobo?

Great Oline Coach......

Great Family, and a REALLY Awesome guy as well. I can't really speak to offensive play calling, because I probably don't know much more than any fan. I know the option didn't work. However, he's always tried to adapt to his personnel. We went complete spread Riley Skinner's senior year, and he turned the ball over 5 times against Navy, and we didn't make a bowl game... So I don't really know why the offense didn't work sometimes. I know we didn't have great players. And the olineman got worse as Grobe's tenure went on.

I think that even further supports the idea that Wake did a really good job of developing players while they were at Wake, as opposed to finding diamonds in the rough.

Agreed. Further supports the S&C at wake. Sounds like more of an issue with the systems/team/S&C/whatever you wanna call it with the NFL team, not wake.

Chicken shit can at least be composted and turned into awesome soil.

Was about to post the same thing. We haul it around in a semi-trailer and hook it up to a spreader. It smells absolutely awful for about 2-3 days, but man it works great to enrich the soil...also much cheaper than chemicals.

BINGO BINGO BINGO

Info from a friend with direct connection - at least several of the players went outside Wake for their own S&C work. Don't know their reasons for this or how it was allowed. But, that is the info I heard. Still, lots of positives posted above by quite a few.

Info from a friend with direct connection - at least several of the players went outside Wake for their own S&C work. Don't know their reasons for this or how it was allowed. But, that is the info I heard. Still, lots of positives posted above by quite a few.

This is 100% true.

Grobe did an extremely poor job of replacing these guys and making decisions on assistants to keep. Everyone of them got promoted - Calhoun to the Broncos, Hood & Lambert got HC gigs, Mullen to OC at WVU. Combine the coaching downgrades with not recruiting as well and you have what we have now.

Need to hire Diamond Dallas Page and get us some yoga in the weight room!

If you're gonna do that you may as well bring in his bud, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, along with Damien! That should pump the guys up......:D

Kimberly Page would have clearly met the hot wife criteria.

I'm sure that Reeve knows his stuff and has his supporters but I firmly believe a fresh start throughout the entire football operation is needed. And I completely feel that way about basketball when Bz finally gets fired and we start talking about assistants.

I'm sure that Reeve knows his stuff and has his supporters but I firmly believe a fresh start throughout the entire football operation is needed. And I completely feel that way about basketball when Bz finally gets fired and we start talking about assistants.

Don't really disagree. My point was to say that Reeve was a great strength coach. Some players supplemented Reeve's workouts with their own. I think you'd find players doing this at every school. For example, I did yoga classes to help with my flexibility. Reeve could certainly get the job done for a new coach, but there are many other great strength coaches out there, and it is probably better to have continuity to help with communication between the HC and SC, so I'd support a new strength coach if he does a great job, and has worked with New Head Coach previously. But Reeve is awesome, and if he is let go, deserves appreciation.

The only real negative thing that I have to say about the Strength program (and Reeve himself) is that the non-revenue sports' S&C programs were very poorly managed during my time at Wake.

Back