• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ethan Reeve????

The only real negative thing that I have to say about the Strength program (and Reeve himself) is that the non-revenue sports' S&C programs were very poorly managed during my time at Wake.

Yeah, to me it would make more sense to have a S&C guy dedicated to football and let someone else manage bball and non-rev sports. Unless, of course, a real coach (i.e. someone other than Buzz) wants his own S&C guy, at which point, I'd support 1 for bball, 1 for football and 1 for the rest.

The criticism I have heard about Reeves is a complete lack of understanding concerning the role of nutrition in building strong bodies. . .FWIW.

The criticism I have heard about Reeves is a complete lack of understanding concerning the role of nutrition in building strong bodies. . .FWIW.

The body needs at least two steaks.

The only real negative thing that I have to say about the Strength program (and Reeve himself) is that the non-revenue sports' S&C programs were very poorly managed during my time at Wake.

This was my experience as well as a non-revenue sporter. Workouts were not tailored to my sport at all so I wouldn't be surprised to hear that football workouts were not tailored to position.

Heard on this situation Tonight. Coach reeve was at PC. Only "coach" from Grobes staff that attended. What I gathered was that Reeve will remain employed at Wake no matter what and it's up to Coach Clawson if he wants to use Reeve or hire his own guy. Reeve would probably take a more lead roll in other sports if Clawson chose not to use him.

Clawson will be able to pick his guy regardless.

Winston-SalemJournal @JournalNow
RT @ScottH_WSJ: @jwagnerblade of @toledoblade reports BGSU strength & conditioning coach Brandon Hourigan expected to join Clawson @WakeFB.

Last edited:
Winston-SalemJournal @JournalNow
RT @ScottH_WSJ: @jwagnerblade of @toledoblade reports BGSU strength & conditioning coach Brandon Hourigan expected to join Clawson @WakeFB.

Hourigan was at UVA for 2 years I believe before BG. And was with Clawson at Richmind as well I believe.

Lobo should have stuck with just the o-line. Such a donk everywhere else.

Ethan is employee of athletic department, not just football. He'll be retained, but sounds like not work with football.

What's funny about this discussion is that he is like everything in the first half of the Grobe era: Ethan was considered to be one of the best in the business. Remember all the publicity we got and how many folks were coming and learning from him. He was the Mr. Miyagi of S&C.

You sure about that. I recall someone having to teach him how to set up for pro days

A
I've known Coach Reeve for seven years and worked in the weight room for four years when I was in undergrad. I could write an essay on the man, his program and approach, and what it was like watching class after class go through. We would be lucky to retain him and his staff, but I understand the reality of the situation. He, like Jim Grobe, is a class act who if not retained all wake fans should wish nothing but the best given his contributions to Wake. He knows his stuff and it's easy to scapegoat when things aren't going well but I've seen the results and a lot goes into molding a successful athlete.
Amen one of the 10 best in the country, and may be the most respected. Wakes owes him alot. Just my 2 cents worth and if any of you arm chair quarterbacks that have never been in the strenght world want to jump my ass I'll let Ethan put you in a half nelson while I drop a 400# clean on your ass.

A
Amen one of the 10 best in the country, and may be the most respected. Wakes owes him alot. Just my 2 cents worth and if any of you arm chair quarterbacks that have never been in the strenght world want to jump my ass I'll let Ethan put you in a half nelson while I drop a 400# clean on your ass.

:laugh: this is internet thuggery at it's best. A+++ effort.

A

YES LET'S FIGHT.

I'll give you a time and place. WILL YOU SHOW UP

Back