• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

And Ph believes in misrepresenting people's views in an effort to get a rise out of them.

Sorry. You believe in the unquestioned power of police to beat up anybody who questions them.

How about the innocent shop owners who are being looted in Santa Monica and others places away from any protests?

How does this do anything by harm the situation?

Completely irrelevant to a discussion about whether cops have the right to abuse protesters.

Saying fuck you at cops is protected speech.

I’ve had people yell fuck you at me on several occasions in my life. I have to believe it would’ve been frowned upon if I’d proceeded to pepper spray them directly afterwards.

I see everyone is having cop boot for dinner. I hope it's delicious.

I see everyone is having cop boot for dinner. I hope it's delicious.

I understand this sentiment, but the bootlicker shit isn't the topoi to help people understand or persuade people regarding the systemic issues we've been discussing. If anything, there's an argument that that rhetoric supports repressive power because it convinces people to turn away from police violence and back to the comfortable/received understanding of policing. Just a thought.

Like I get that there are posters who just are not interested in learning from this, and that's cool - but there's certainly some here (either posting or lurking) who are just a bit more skeptical of the view they've had of police until recently.

Chilling at my friends place outside in his back yard first time since the pandemic. Keeping social distancing going on. Nice day today outside of the Sounds like a war zone a mile or two away in Santa Monica

The bow and arrow dude claims two "black African Americans" beat him up while he was in his car for yelling "All Lives Matter." Think about how many people would believe him if we didn't have video evidence that he was shooting at people before anybody even approached him.

The officers, a 16 year and 22 year veteran of the Atlanta police department have been fired for their involvement in the traffic stop last night with window smashing and tasers, three other officers placed on desk duty. Good on Atlanta, and more actions like these are needed.

Someone drove a car aggressively through the protest in Greensboro last night. Unclear if there were any injuries.

Agreed. If I own a business, I'm doing what I can to defend it. And when I say this I mean small business owners, not the big chains like Target etc. ..

You would literally end someone’s life over some bricks and widgets?

Back