• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

15ab877a532d9282553cb51988ce1536.jpg

Assuming he had a gun, is carrying a weapon acceptable reason for police to shoot you?

Sent from my Motorola Startac using Tapatalk

Well at the very least it would confirm the family's story was BS saying that he had a book and didn't even have a gun. Several witnesses apparently confirmed he had a gun as well.

Assuming he had a gun, is carrying a weapon acceptable reason for police to shoot you?

Sent from my Motorola Startac using Tapatalk

The police supposedly told him to drop his weapon.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/21/us/charlotte-police-shooting/index.html

"A person doesn't have to point a weapon directly at police to prompt deadly force, CNN law enforcement analyst Art Roderick said.
"You don't have to actually wait until a handgun is pointed at you because you're talking milliseconds of a decision as to whether you're going to pull your trigger, or that individual is going to pull their trigger," Roderick said."

How do we know that wasn't planted after the fact? Is that a freeze frame from the video?

And why isn't that gun physically in his possession? Why is it a few feet away from him?

The police supposedly told him to drop his weapon.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/21/us/charlotte-police-shooting/index.html

"A person doesn't have to point a weapon directly at police to prompt deadly force, CNN law enforcement analyst Art Roderick said.
"You don't have to actually wait until a handgun is pointed at you because you're talking milliseconds of a decision as to whether you're going to pull your trigger, or that individual is going to pull their trigger," Roderick said."

Was my understanding under the open carry theory that cops aren't supposed to be able to tell you to put down your gun as long as you're not threatening anyone with it

And why isn't that gun physically in his possession? Why is it a few feet away from him?

A few likely explanations:

1) The police moved the gun off to the side once he went down to make sure he wasn't able to grab it

2) The gun flew from his hands as he fell from being shot

Civilian shot and killed by another civilian at the Clt protests according to wsoc

why do you guys think black people respond so strongly to incidences of police-caused death?

Junebug, I believe people do what they can do cover their asses. For some reason, you don't think people do.

Back