• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Why do you guys think they vandalized random cars in the street tonight? Makes you wonder about your own beliefs doesn't it

I'm all for having a conversation and the right to protest peacefully but yeah these protestors are not covering themselves in glory.

This may have been a justifiable protest initially but it's quickly transformed into an excuse for a bunch of cowards to harm, loot and vandalize.

I'm all for having a conversation and the right to protest peacefully but yeah these protestors are not covering themselves in glory.

This may have been a justifiable protest initially but it's quickly transformed into an excuse for a bunch of cowards to harm, loot and vandalize.

Yep. The protestors who are vandalizing are in the wrong. Doesn't make the police action any less wrong or right though. And doesn't mean that the peaceful protestors are wrong either

I think we have a different definition of "do what they can." A few officers caught on an audio recording talking about trumped up charges for an arrest is one thing. You are talking about an amazing technological feat that would require multiple participants throughout the department by many people who weren't directly involved, some of whom are black and whose boss is a black man, and who have nothing directly to gain. It's tin foil hat territory.

What are you talking about? I'm talking about taking out anything that doesn't fit the narrative. Simply video editing isn't an "amazing technological feat."

Yep. The protestors who are vandalizing are in the wrong. Doesn't make the police action any less wrong or right though. And doesn't mean that the peaceful protestors are wrong either

This.

Selfish opportunism during legitimate mass protesting is really unfortunate. That said, white people love them some peaceful, non-interfering protesting.

But it does kill the message when the vandalizing protestors are the ones using it. Spray painting BLM on the buildings with the busted out windows drops BLM to the same level of dogshit as the vandals. But hey, they got that sweet Kemba Walker jersey, so it was a successful night and the purpose is irrelevant.

But it does kill the message when the vandalizing protestors are the ones using it. Spray painting BLM on the buildings with the busted out windows drops BLM to the same level of dogshit as the vandals. But hey, they got that sweet Kemba Walker jersey, so it was a successful night and the purpose is irrelevant.

Rev. Barber and others from BLM said the violence should not happen.

Painting all of BLM like the very few criminals is like saying all Republicans are members of the KKK, because some are.

How? Only for an audience who doesn't want to understand the message.

It definitely kills the message when you're living 5 minutes away from the shit going on right now. Fully in the fuck protesters camp now. Only people out tonight are assholes looking for personal gain and trying to get their rocks off starting shit and breaking shit

It definitely kills the message when you're living 5 minutes away from the shit going on right now. Fully in the fuck protesters camp now. Only people out tonight are assholes looking for personal gain and trying to get their rocks off starting shit and breaking shit

So "fuck the protesters" = "I hope the police keep killing black people"

C'mon. You're better than that.

That's not what I said, what I meant, or anything that could be reasonably inferred from what I said. Complete and utter non-sequitur, and you really are better than that.

That's not what I said, what I meant, or anything that could be reasonably inferred from what I said. Complete and utter non-sequitur, and you really are better than that.

What message did you say was being killed then?

I'm tired of people posting shit and then claiming somebody else made it up. You said "It definitely kills the message."

The message = "Police need to stop killing black people"

What else does "It definitely kills the message" mean?

Anyway, I'm saying you are too good to be dissuaded from a good message by some people who are clearly bad actors. Take the damn complement or confirm you're an ass.

Last edited:
Back