• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Think about this. How many of us would freak out if there was a deaf guy with a two foot pipe standing 15 feet away while people around us are yelling he can't hear? Very few I'm guessing. There's minimal threat. You could just walk away. You could ask someone who knows him to try to mime the situation to him. You could type or write a message and ask him to read it. There are plenty of options. It takes a special kind of asshole or pussy to shoot him.

It's not hard to see that on the average intelligence for your profession ladder police officers do not climb very high. Society values making money above anything else so that's where the majority of intelligent people go, so instead of making a sacrifice to do societal good we should adjust pay standards accordingly to attract the best talent. This goes for teachers and other professions that have direct tangible good behind them. The only high paying profession that balances with society good is probably doctor.

Overall I agree dimwits.

Glee?

Still...It seems that some are eager to point out that police have a difficult and dangerous job. And that every shooting by the police is not unjustified. But who here, or anywhere, is disputing these things? And do these things in some way render unjustified use of force irrelevant or unimportant?

This guy must have
Been deaf too. 18 minutes with 2 cops and his landlord is also telling him to drop the knife. Also they are repeatedly asking
Riccardo what's in his hand behind his back. Show me what's behind your back.
Cop Identifies gun and still waits
For a short period of time.

I alternate between reading these in the voice of Zach De La Rocha and Anthony Kiedis

Police initially refused to release the footage, arguing it could taint the investigation or unduly influence a jury should charges be brought against the cops, but officials decided to release it because it showed police acted appropriately, police sources said.

Seems like something they shouldn't be admitting publicly.

ITT a Republican complains about people complaining about government.

Quite the opposite. There are 1,047 pages posts where cops are automatically Guilty of police brutality and racists thugs only when its fits your narrative. Everyone of them is guilty by this jury sometimes with little information other than a shooting in the Bronx- suspect is dead. Soud the alarms

I guarantee I can find stories everyday where cops are in stand offs with dangerous armed criminals and sit for hours - 5, 10, 20 trying to take a killer or potential killer alive.

Cherry pick the little boy with the toy gun, the black innocent man, the mom who used her kid as a human shield, and on and on. Cops are all trigger happy murderers always. We got black cops killing black cops and we riot.

Not one post about a white guy or a female. Well the one from Australia and that storybdied down.

You love this stuff. Let's dig for every tragedy and thug cop and every time I've posted a cop getting his or hear head blown off sitting in his or her squad
vehicle or blown away at a suspicious traffic stop? Yawn ho-him.

Keep reinforcing all cops are racist and policy brutality is the norm. You resist arrest, youre not getting hugged and kissed. Your ass is getting handcuffed and it ain't pretty. Its called force. Sometimes poeople are hyped up on drug irrational with incredible
Strength, going biserko, and we only see the take down. Three bastard racists overcoming a screaming innocent man. This is bullshit. Not saying it's always the case but in your eyes it is always the case.

There are good cops and they save lives every day. They are in their communities and people want them there.. This place is a for people who love to post with glee! Who can't dig the most dirt and publicize A tragedy, declare the cops a bastard with a news story. Guilty. The end.

It's all here. This is a wall of hate.

No one here disputes most of what you say.
No one here thinks that police don't have a dangerous job.
No one here thinks that police in general are bad people.
No one here thinks that use of force isn't sometimes necessary.

Which is why of the 963 police shootings in 2016, only a handful drew the ire of the public.

What we rail against is:

- a documented trend that use of force (especially deadly force), disproportionately affects people of color.
- the culture of law enforcement is not of of transparency and justice, but victim blaming and protecting their own
- the justice system itself is stacked against poc
- the threshold for an agent of the state to be able to take someone's life without recourse is shockingly low (especially when it comes to the lives of poc)
- that often, officers should be the ones (and trained) to deescalate not escalate situations.

Also - getting handcuffed is a far cry from getting shot.

you complain of cherry picking - but if an officer had actually been charged and convicted for shooting that little boy, that man asking for help after a car wreck, that man looking at a bb gun in a store, there wouldn't be the outcry.

There were 64 police deaths in 2016, and that is a huge tragedy. But of those 64, how many of their killers weren't even charged? Was justice done? It's not that fact that police kill people that receives the most vitriol - it's that they can do it with impunity, especially when it comes to the lives of poc. I'm am scared to death of the day my son gets his drivers licence. And before you respond with "he'll be fine because you'll raise him right," that is an incredible affront to the black mothers that I know that raise incredible young men who still get pulled over and harassed.

Last edited:
Is it fascism if the judge sends you to a slave camp instead of jail?

https://www.revealnews.org/article/...to-rehab-they-ended-up-in-chicken-plants/amp/

"But in the rush to spare people from prison, some judges are steering defendants into rehabs that are little more than lucrative work camps for private industry, an investigation by Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting has found.

The programs promise freedom from addiction. Instead, they’ve turned thousands of men and women into indentured servants."

No one here disputes most of what you say.
No one here thinks that police don't have a dangerous job.
No one here thinks that police in general are bad people.
No one here thinks that use of force isn't sometimes necessary.

Which is why of the 963 police shootings in 2016, only a handful drew the ire of the public.

What we rail against is:

- a documented trend that use of force (especially deadly force), disproportionately affects people of color.
- the culture of law enforcement is not of of transparency and justice, but victim blaming and protecting their own
- the justice system itself is stacked against poc
- the threshold for an agent of the state to be able to take someone's life without recourse is shockingly low (especially when it comes to the lives of poc)
- that often, officers should be the ones (and trained) to deescalate not escalate situations.

Also - getting handcuffed is a far cry from getting shot.

you complain of cherry picking - but if an officer had actually been charged and convicted for shooting that little boy, that man asking for help after a car wreck, that man looking at a bb gun in a store, there wouldn't be the outcry.

There were 64 police deaths in 2016, and that is a huge tragedy. But of those 64, how many of their killers weren't even charged? Was justice done? It's not that fact that police kill people that receives the most vitriol - it's that they can do it with impunity, especially when it comes to the lives of poc. I'm am scared to death of the day my son gets his drivers licence. And before you respond with "he'll be fine because you'll raise him right," that is an incredible affront to the black mothers that I know that raise incredible young men who still get pulled over and harassed.

Outstanding post. If risc can't understand this, it is because she is actively trying not to.

My take on this thread (over and over): Good cops are awesome. There are LOTS of them. Bad cops suck. There are a few of them. They need to be held legally accountable for their actions. The cop "system" needs to stop protecting them.

a couple things. A) that's fucked up B) amazing balls for a guy to not really flinch or react to being shot at.

How didn't the cops know about shooting schedule? They have to get permits.

How didn't the cops know about shooting schedule? They have to get permits.

from the article:

Police say the production company and the brewery didn't notify them or other businesses before filming.

In most cities that's illegal. Especially if you are doing action scenes. You can get by with a guy walking down the street or sitting in a park.

I hope they fine the shit out of the production company.

Back