• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

DeacisGo, I'm not angry. I am amused that Townie can't see the difference between hiring a headliner and using a local person to humanize a rather cardboard candidate and to have fun. He's the only only trying to compare the two.

They have had many "regular people" on the stage.

I'm also amused that the board's self-called music expert portrays someone who has played with multiple R&R Hall of Famers and many blues legends as simply a "middle school teacher".

DeacisGo, I'm not angry. I am amused that Townie can't see the difference between hiring a headliner and using a local person to humanize a rather cardboard candidate and to have fun. He's the only only trying to compare the two.

They have had many "regular people" on the stage.

I'm also amused that the board's self-called music expert portrays someone who has played with multiple R&R Hall of Famers and many blues legends as simply a "middle school teacher".

Am I allowed to talk about this left-on-left crime?

I'm nowhere near a music expert, but I do like music and understand what session/set musicians are. It's cool he was in a local band you liked, too.

As I mentioned to you privately, there's a local musician and family friend of the bride playing my wedding this weekend who "has toured with Burt Bacharach, Rod Stewart and Diana Ross, and performed with Elton John, Joni Mitchell, Herbie Hancock, Ben Folds, Natalie Cole, Elvis Costello, Tony Bennett, Lang Lang, Manhattan Transfer, Randy Brecker, Rufus Wainright, Michael Buble, Jane Monheit, New York Voices, Kurt Elling, Aretha Franklin, The Temptations and Johnny Mathis, to name a few."

Oh, and he calls himself a set musician.

I'm not suggesting he should be at the convention playing sax with Bill Clinton because...well...they do a fine job booking acts, whether that's headlining or to make Tim Kaine look like a real human boy and not Pinocchio.

Anyway, enjoy your day, dude.

You appear to be letting THE FACTS get in your way, Townie

NO FUN ZONE....you are way too young not have fun. ...which was ALL I posted at the beginning. In fact I used that word in the first post. But you had to be RIGHT. You had to know better. You even posted before knowing anything.

I understand your friend has had a great career. I wouldn't be surprised if he knows the person I mentioned earlier. Hell, my guy may have even hired your friend. That term is rarely used as you used it.

You cool with racism MDMH?

My sense of propriety, especially regarding political correctness, seems to run counter to yours. Where you see white guilt, I feel a passive understanding and approval for a community and people who are speaking and acting out on hundreds of years of inequality. I don't apologize for or excuse all their actions, but I feel pretty fucking lenient towards their movement. So am I cool with racism as a general concept? No. Am I cool with BLM making their point in agitating ways that coincidentally piss off all the people I don't like? Absolutely.

What's amazing about these discussions of tactics is seeing how some white people react when discriminated against. They don't like it. They really don't like it. Yet they lack the basic empathy to understand what they've learned.

This sums it up for me.
13680589_1473158429377128_7695834153036993963_n.jpg

Back