• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

Whatever religion that forms their beliefs. You could probably add ethnic origin to the claims as well, given his decision to invoke the Israeli flag on their behalf.

So your contention is messing with a group called "Confederate Pride, Heritage Not Hate" is messing with a religion? How much do you want to bet that there is not a common religion among the 2500 members of that group?

Is "American" an ethnic origin?

No, I am saying that the Facebook account has been held by a court of law to be the identity of its publisher. If someone hijacks that identity, then that is identity theft. The same way that if one of WalMart's IT vendors, who has permissive use to that site, went onto WalMart's website and plastered it with Target logos, that would be identity theft.

This was a Facebook group. No account was hijacked.

So your contention is messing with a group called "Confederate Pride, Heritage Not Hate" is messing with a religion? How much do you want to bet that there is not a common religion among the 2500 members of that group?

Is "American" an ethnic origin?

Whatever religion they are, I'm pretty sure it is not Judaism. Yet he renamed it "LGBT Southerners for Michelle Obama and Judaism". You don't think that promoting Judaism as the lone superior religion has a religious bias against the members who are not Jewish? That is kind of the definition of religious bias. If he went onto a Muslim group and changed it to Judaism, would that not be religious bias?

THIS IS THE BEST MAXINE EVER, EVER, EVER!

I bought a bird feeder. I hung it
on my back porch and filled it
with seed. What a beauty of
a bird feeder it was, as I filled it
lovingly with seed.
Within a week we had hundreds of birds
taking advantage of the
continuous flow of free and
easily accessible food.

But then the birds started
building nests in the boards
of the patio, above the table,
and next to the barbecue.

Then came the shit. It was
everywhere: on the patio tile,
the chairs, the table ...
everywhere!

Then some of the birds
turned mean. They would
dive bomb me and try to
peck me even though I had
fed them out of my own
pocket.

And others birds were
boisterous and loud. They
sat on the feeder and
squawked and screamed at
all hours of the day and night
and demanded that I fill it
when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even
sit on my own back porch
anymore. So I took down the
bird feeder and in three days
the birds were gone. I cleaned
up their mess and took down
the many nests they had built
all over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like
it used to be ..... quiet, serene....
and no one demanding their
rights to a free meal.

Now let's see......
Our government gives out
free food, subsidized housing,
free medical care and free
education, and allows anyone
born here to be an automatic
citizen.

Then the illegals came by the
tens of thousands. Suddenly
our taxes went up to pay for
free services; small apartments
are housing 5 families; you
have to wait 6 hours to be seen
by an emergency room doctor;
Your child's second grade class is
behind other schools because
over half the class doesn't speak
English.

Corn Flakes now come in a
bilingual box; I have to
'press one ' to hear my bank
talk to me in English, and
people waving flags other
than ”ours” are
squawking and screaming
in the streets, demanding
more rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe
it's time for the government
to take down the bird feeder.
If you agree, pass it on; if not,
just continue cleaning up the shit!

You don't have to be Jewish to be fir Judaism. Most of them are probably very pro-Israel so the flag was a curious choice as a troll.

Whatever religion they are, I'm pretty sure it is not Judaism. Yet he renamed it "LGBT Southerners for Michelle Obama and Judaism". You don't think that promoting Judaism as the lone superior religion has a religious bias against the members who are not Jewish? That is kind of the definition of religious bias. If he went onto a Muslim group and changed it to Judaism, would that not be religious bias?

The bias must be against a particular religion, race, etc. in order to constitute a hate crime, per the definition you offered.

You aren't comparing apples to apples. If somebody went and changed the name of a group promoting UNC football from "BEST UNC FOOTBALL FANS EVAR!!!" to LGBT Southerners for Michelle Obama and Judaism" I don't believe it would be religious bias- the first group had nothing to do with religion. Same is true here.

10413363_782969538431832_3952268568564558100_n.jpg

The bias must be against a particular religion, race, etc. in order to constitute a hate crime, per the definition you offered.

No, it does not say that. So back to my NAACP example, if the Klansman didn't expressly say "blacks are bad" but instead simply said "Aryans are the true race", that wouldn't meet the definition in your eyes?

You don't have to be Jewish to be fir Judaism. Most of them are probably very pro-Israel so the flag was a curious choice as a troll.

You aren't comparing apples to apples. If somebody went and changed the name of a group promoting UNC football from "BEST UNC FOOTBALL FANS EVAR!!!" to LGBT Southerners for Michelle Obama and Judaism" I don't believe it would be religious bias- the first group had nothing to do with religion. Same is true here.

His intent was clear in changing the name to Judaism and posting the Israeli flag. He assumes (rightly or wrongly) that the majority of the members of that group are of some Christian denomination, so promoting Judaism and Israel is his way of fucking with them. So he is clearly motivated by religious bias (real or perceived) against Christianity. Do you deny that? If not then why did he do it when his entire admitted purpose was to troll them?

Last edited:
His intent was clear in changing the name to Judaism and posting the Israeli flag. He assumes (rightly or wrongly) that the majority of the members of that group are of some Christian denomination, so promoting Judaism and Israel is his way of fucking with them. So he is clearly motivated by religious bias (real or perceived) against Christianity. Do you deny that? If not then, they did he do it when his entire admitted purpose was to troll them.

Yes.

lol, he didn't post about Judaism because they were Christian, he did it because (he assumed) they were anti-Semitic.

So then why did he do it?

He is motivated by a bias against people who hate blacks and jews, the same way state fans who troll unc fans are motiviated by a bias against people who hate state.

The group wasn't set up to promote religious issues- it was set up to promote "Southern Heritage." Southern Heritage, like UNC fandom, is not a protected group.

Back