• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

Pittsburgh Marathon
23dNTqEh.jpg

Figured I'd check this one out.

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-freed-child-rapist-laughed-about-it/

MIXTURE

WHAT'S TRUE: In 1975, young lawyer Hillary Clinton was requested as lawyer for the defense in a rape case involving a 12-year-old girl; a reluctant Clinton took on the case, successfully challenged mismanaged evidence, and entered a plea bargain for the defendant.

WHAT'S FALSE: Clinton laughed about the unreliable nature of polygraphs, not the case's outcome; Clinton did not volunteer to be the man's lawyer; Clinton did not claim the complainant fantasized about being raped by older men; the case did not go to trial.

MIXTURE

WHAT'S TRUE: In 1975, young lawyer Hillary Clinton was requested as lawyer for the defense in a rape case involving a 12-year-old girl; a reluctant Clinton took on the case, successfully challenged mismanaged evidence, and entered a plea bargain for the defendant.

WHAT'S FALSE: Clinton laughed about the unreliable nature of polygraphs, not the case's outcome; Clinton did not volunteer to be the man's lawyer; Clinton did not claim the complainant fantasized about being raped by older men; the case did not go to trial.

So Clinton did what defense lawyers are supposed to do.

All you need to know about BSF is that he can't even spell his boy's name.

MIXTURE

People need to stop depending on snopes, as if it's a reliable source. It's not. It tends to be even less reliable and more agenda-driven than Wikipedia. By all means be skeptical of memes, which tend to be a grain of truth and 90% bullshit, but here is a clear example of where the person at snopes gets it wrong.
What snopes says:
Clinton did not claim the complainant fantasized about being raped by older men
What Clinton wrote in her affidavit:
“I have been informed that the complainant is emotionally unstable with a tendency to seek out older men and engage in fantasizing,” Clinton, then named Hillary D. Rodham, wrote in the affidavit. “I have also been informed that she has in the past made false accusations about persons, claiming they had attacked her body. Also that she exhibits an unusual stubbornness and temper when she does not get her way.”

Clinton also wrote that a child psychologist told her that children in early adolescence “tend to exaggerate or romanticize sexual experiences,” especially when they come from “disorganized families, such as the complainant.”

The victim vigorously denied Clinton’s accusations and said there has never been any explanation of what Clinton was referring to in that affidavit. She claims she never accused anyone of attacking her before her rape.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/20/exclusive-hillary-clinton-took-me-through-hell-rape-victim-says.html

And when she laughs the implication is clear- she thought the guy was guilty. You can argue she was just doing her job and did it well. But it's clear whoever wrote that snopes article is a Clintonista, just like whoever created the meme hates her.

I've only heard her referred to as Hillary Rodham before marriage. It was interesting to see that she was called "Hillary D. Rodham."

Did she stop taking the D before or after marrying Bill?

Someone can fact check me. But I seem to recall hearing that in a BBC documentary- that Arkansas voters were not happy with Bill being married to a homely looking feminist who didn't take his name. So for the next election she decided to get a makeover, she got rid of the giant glasses and radically changed her appearance, and took his name.

It's been several months since I watched it but pretty sure I'm remembering it correctly. Bill lost and Hillary was determined that would not happen again and radically changed her appearance/persona to try and be more appealing to Arkansas voters.

Back