• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fake slide

rolldeacz

Reaction score
I’m not one to start threads over individual plays, but I think the “fake slide” is going to generate a lot of discussion around the country, among people who don’t care at all about Wake/Pitt. Just genuinely curious on people’s thoughts. I assume people hated it bc Pickett scored, but more fundamentally, it seems like an issue. Our D clearly pulled up bc they knew they’d be flagged for 15 (or ejected for targeting) if they went at him as soon as he started the sliding motion. It put them in a literally impossible position. Do you think this is a play that garners sufficient attention for a rule change, a la the fake fair catch? Just curious, beyond what it meant to this game.

At least the announcers are calling it what it is - an abuse of the rules and a cheat of a play.

Yeah, now they’ve acknowledged it at least instead of just slurping Pickett which was pissing me off

It must be addressed. The QB can't have it both ways. Period. It's the same as faking a fair catch.

What's to keep a QB from running down the field and faking a slide every time a defender is near him? It's a clear abuse of the rules.

Should of been called but I guess there’s no rule against what he did…..there will be in the future

Fake slide, fake injuries. What a shitbag team. I had no opinion on Pickett before this game but I hope he is a bust in the NFL.

Fake injuries have to be addressed in the offseason. That is complete bush league shit right there and now Pitt and NCSU have done it. Same asshole writhing in pain after one play can't come back like nothing ever happened.

I mean it’s within the rules, so it was a smart play. It’s not a “cheat play” it’s a smart play. Next year it will be illegal, and we move on.

Faking injuries is soccer level bitch move and needs to be cracked down on, problem is that’s about impossible.

He clearly has practiced it. That move takes skill and practice to pull off like that.

It doesn’t require a penalty. The officials just need to blow the ball dead at the start of the slide like they’re supposed to do.

He clearly has practiced it. That move takes skill and practice to pull off like that.

It doesn’t require a penalty. The officials just need to blow the ball dead at the start of the slide like they’re supposed to do.

Its basically the equivalent of a returner giving the half ass fair catch signal and then taking off hoping the ref didn't catch it, but the defenders did. Now that Pickett opened up that can of worms they need to close it and make it a reviewable play as well.

I’ve never seen Clawson that far out on the field
arguing. The ACC is basically the WWE at this point along with a lot of other major sports leagues. It’s all based on shitty officiating and human error.

It will become like the flop in the NBA. They had to put rules in to control it.

ESPN tonight is 'smart play'. The slide is there to protect the QB, if some idiot abuses it they will create a rule that allows for a penalty.

I mean yeah it sucks but it was so early in the game and didn’t matter that much. Them faking the injuries is a much bigger deal than this one play.

Actually that’s a good point arnt you technically down at the start of the slide.
Thus he was down when he initiated the fake.

Fuck that guy. I hope he tries it on a Sunday in a few months and someone decapitates him.

Really wish that we could have rung his bell last night to wipe that smug smile off his face.

Edit: Bush league team. :mad:

Last edited:
Back