• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fake slide

Injury should mean sit for the rest of the series. Or 5 plays or whatever.

Narduzzi is just saying our end who just ran by him and LB and DB need to finish plays.

It made us look like LOWF farce. Kind of like other nationally televised games like UNC and Clemson.

Regional games like Duke or State, or nobody watched BC, we seem fine and look good.

Put me in the camp of losing respect for both Pickett and Narduzzi. More so the shit-eating smack talk coming from Narduzzi. Crap like “there’s a thing called a whistle” stuff just makes me wanna slug him. If you’re going to back up your player, fine, but don’t do it like an asshole piece of shit. Admit that a it was iffy, but that there’s no rule, so the player made a heads up call.

I’m probably in the minority here, but Pitt moved up on my hate board as long as Narduzzi is there (I had no problems with him before, but after last night, clearly I do).

Can we please stop bitching and moaning about this fake slide nonsense? Pickett made a heads up play in the moment, and at present, did not commit any penalty whatsoever. He caught all our defensive players flat footed, and we paid the price. If Hartman had done the same thing, we’d be praising him nonstop and saying how awesome a play it was (including calling all Pitt fans whiny assholes). Let’s call a spade a spade and tip our caps to Pickett. Not everything bad that happens in a Wake football game is a reason to start a message board thread complaining about it. Just move on folks. It’s not the reason we lost last night - it was one freaking play.

Well as long as we have you to tell what we would do in hypotheticals, I don’t really see a reason to have this message board at all. What’s your Twitter handle?

Did they need it to beat us? Probably not. Did they use it? Yup. It’s just bush league and that’s all anyone is saying.

Last edited:
Well as long as we have you to tell what we would do in hypotheticals, I don’t really see a reason to have this message board at all. What’s your Twitter handle?

Did they need it to beat us? Probably not. Did they use it? Yup. It’s just bush league and that’s all anyone is saying.

Haha I’ll get you some tissues. Funny how no one is talking about the forearm shiver that one of the Wake assistants (in the neon green shirt) gave to a Pitt WR/RB (can’t remember which) on our sideline as he was shoved out of bounds. Frankly surprised nothing was called against us. I guess that’s not bush league though since it was Wake doing it right? The double standard voiced on this board sometimes is flat out laughable.

It was bush league, no doubt.

Hate these bush league pitt and wolpfack teams getting away with their fake injury shenanigans to stop the Deacs on offense.

....and the fake slide by pickett was the tip of the iceberg and the last straw! :mad:

Really wish that we hit him there, targeting penalty or not. Knock him into Sunday!! :thumbsup:

Yeah if you think the fake slide was good for football you are in an extreme minority, most likely a pitt fan or just dumb.

With respect to Narduzzi, him being a dickhead is nothing new. Haven’t forgotten him running trick plays on us in 2018 with the outcome no longer in doubt.

Haha I’ll get you some tissues. Funny how no one is talking about the forearm shiver that one of the Wake assistants (in the neon green shirt) gave to a Pitt WR/RB (can’t remember which) on our sideline as he was shoved out of bounds. Frankly surprised nothing was called against us. I guess that’s not bush league though since it was Wake doing it right? The double standard voiced on this board sometimes is flat out laughable.

You’re comparing an assistant protecting himself against a fully padded/helmeted college athlete like it’s the same damn thing. But if it would have been someone not paying attention a lady handing out water you wouldn’t have batted an eye. I would have done the same thing. Which would hurt worse getting speared by a full speed college athlete or a forearm to protect yourself from getting run into 🙄 that had no impact on the game it’s ridiculous

Yeah if you think the fake slide was good for football you are in an extreme minority, most likely a pitt fan or just dumb.

Couldn’t agree more. Rule is intended to protect the athlete and now you are basically encouraging taking the 15 and decapitating the qb.

I couldn’t see this live at the game but after watching the replay, the refs should’ve blown the play dead. Hope he tries this in their bowl game and a defender crushes him.

The Pitt coach is trash for defending him on this as well.

Last edited:
I definitely think he’ll get blown up next time he slides for good reason.

I mean it’s within the rules, so it was a smart play. It’s not a “cheat play” it’s a smart play. Next year it will be illegal, and we move on.

Faking injuries is soccer level bitch move and needs to be cracked down on, problem is that’s about impossible.

That is exactly what it is and I imagine will be addressed. Seems to me we had something similar a few years back against Louisville & Heisman QB Jackson. Seems he was going out of bounds, slowed up, we pulled up so as to not get the personal foul, then he put a burst on up the sideline for a TD. Nothing illegal. Just like a QB who fakes run into the line, pulls up & hits the pop pass I guess. Next time hit his ass!

Put me in the camp of losing respect for both Pickett and Narduzzi. More so the shit-eating smack talk coming from Narduzzi. Crap like “there’s a thing called a whistle” stuff just makes me wanna slug him. If you’re going to back up your player, fine, but don’t do it like an asshole piece of shit. Admit that a it was iffy, but that there’s no rule, so the player made a heads up call.

I’m probably in the minority here, but Pitt moved up on my hate board as long as Narduzzi is there (I had no problems with him before, but after last night, clearly I do).

I'm with you. I went into the game with a level of respect for Pitt and Pickett. Maybe it was from not being that familiar with them. But after my exposure to their asshole fans and the fake slide BS and Narduzzi's smart ass comments, I hope that KW III puts up 200+ yards on them, Pickett gets his bell rung, and MSU beats them by 30.

Pitt has replaced the evil void left by Maryland.

I don't have as much problem with Narduzzi defending his QB as I do saying they teach their players to finish the play like we don't. Of course we do, we also don't teach our guys to get stupid personal foul penalties for hitting a QB that is going into a slide. It was smart play that for now is under the rules, that is at the same time bush league. If I'm Mel Tucker I'm telling my guys that if Pickett starts to look like he's sliding at all and they can, take his head off and go for the targeting penalty. You want to be bush league, expect bush league in return.

I'm with you. I went into the game with a level of respect for Pitt and Pickett. Maybe it was from not being that familiar with them. But after my exposure to their asshole fans and the fake slide BS and Narduzzi's smart ass comments, I hope that KW III puts up 200+ yards on them, Pickett gets his bell rung, and MSU beats them by 30.

+1

Back