• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fake slide

Absolutely agree, I’d been pulling for Pitt all year. Now I know They are a classless punch. I hope Pickett gets his fucking head taken off in the next game. I mean blown up. Fuck him and Narduzzi and their cheating BS. When you fake being hurt or sliding the karma train will come around.

He must not care about any of his fellow QBs in college football. Because that’s who this endangers, since defenses are increasingly going to ignore the slide just to be on the safe side.

Watching live in the stadium it never occurred to me that Pickett shouldn't have done this. We didn't have a player close to him and that's why he did it. I can see on replay that they eased up some but to say they had closed him down would be a massive stretch. I felt that in a big game like this, you make sure he goes down before you ease up -- this can be done without hitting him and drawing a flag. Felt like a mental lapse on our part more than anything.

In 2006, our DBs took the 15 yard penalty to avoid giving up TDs.

In 2021, they didn’t.

He must not care about any of his fellow QBs in college football. Because that’s who this endangers, since defenses are increasingly going to ignore the slide just to be on the safe side.

Hopefully it endangers whoever their next QB is. I don't know when we play them again, but assuming Clawson and Narduzzi are still the coaches, every single time their QB slides we should headhunt him about 3 seconds after he hits the ground. Keep a walkon in the game at all times just to do it a la K and the Patrick Goons against CP3.

Watching live in the stadium it never occurred to me that Pickett shouldn't have done this. We didn't have a player close to him and that's why he did it. I can see on replay that they eased up some but to say they had closed him down would be a massive stretch. I felt that in a big game like this, you make sure he goes down before you ease up -- this can be done without hitting him and drawing a flag. Felt like a mental lapse on our part more than anything.

Yeah, but if you're going to give the QB the protection of the slide, then you can't also allow him to fake it. Also, if he didn't feel like he had a defender close to him, why the hell would he do it? Makes no sense.

Yeah, but if you're going to give the QB the protection of the slide, then you can't also allow him to fake it. Also, if he didn't feel like he had a defender close to him, why the hell would he do it? Makes no sense.

There were two Wake defenders closing in n him. There could have been a major collision in a few yards. He started the slide, they both stopped. Then he took off and was by them.

If either of our guys had plowed him when it looked like he was starting his slide it would have been 15 yards and maybe an ejection. I guess you can call it a smart play since Pickett admitted to planning and practicing it, but Narduzzi has zero class with those comments. Pathetic. Bush-league shit but whatever it takes to win I guess.

It was a great move, physically and tactically but it should rightfully get him killed next time he’s in the open field.

If either of our guys had plowed him when it looked like he was starting his slide it would have been 15 yards and maybe an ejection. I guess you can call it a smart play since Pickett admitted to planning and practicing it, but Narduzzi has zero class with those comments. Pathetic. Bush-league shit but whatever it takes to win I guess.

Pickett admitted starting to slide and changing his mind but didn't say he planned and practiced it.

Nah I saw him in an interview talking about it candidly and he said he had the idea of doing it before, had a little smirk going. When it blew up on social media as a cheap play they changed their story quick. Note that it was "never done it before in a game" and "we didn't practice it" language. Can't find the clip but it wasn't just purely random.

They should have cleaned his clock and taken the 15.

ELC has the right idea. Next time we play Pitt, put a walk on in for one reason only- to get the most egregious targeting penalty ever known to man on the Pitt QB. Then put another walk on in and do it again.

ACCN twitter was celebrating the play

it's a total judgement call on where the line is, but you cannot have fake slides be a part of the game

P&D were against instituting another rule for the fake slide. :dumb:

Maybe when it happens against clem's son Packer will change his mind.

Really wish Andersen would have trucked pickett for the b.s. move.

P&D were against instituting another rule for the fake slide. :dumb:

Maybe when it happens against clem's son Packer will change his mind.

Really wish Andersen would have trucked pickett for the b.s. move.

Common sense tells you, you can't have it both ways. It's the same thing as if they let a returner signal for a fair catch and then decide to take off after catching it.

There is no way the rules allow for faking the start of a slide. If you start to slide, you have slid, and you are down. If the defender had taken his head off or even pushed him gently 0.001 seconds after the quarterback faked a slide, he would have gotten a 15-yard penalty and possibly an ejection for targeting. That was total bullshit and typical gutless stupidity by the refs.

so annoying how smug pickett and narduzzi have been about it

like i get it - part of the game, and technically not a penalty, but still kind of a lame thing to do

unfortunately, given our tackling all season, he was probably safe from getting "tagged" later in the game by our defense

Back