• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantasy Football - Team Breakdowns

Denver Broncos
QB - Manning states he feels better than last year. Don't expect him to exceed his numbers from LY but reaching similar numbers should be relatively doable.

RB - RBBC time with Moreno, Ball, and Hillman. Hillman is the Week 1 starter at this point but all three (especially Ball and Hillman) will be sharing the load, unless one of them goes crazy.

WR - All three guys should put up decent numbers but there are only so many targets. Maybe something like 95 catches for DT and 75-85 for Decker and Welker. Welker and Decker have been switching between slot and outside receiver. Performance of TE Thomas thus far may take away a few more looks.

TE - Thomas has been playing with the starters and has performed well in camp. Tamme and Dressen both are around still but hurt. Expect all three to be contributors but if Thomas keeps it up he could be a sleeper to monitor or draft late if you have a big bench.

K - I know no one cares about kickers but Prater has been slightly shaky over the last year so if he is still a little unreliable the offense may be playing for TDs more often.

DEF - Lost Elvis, added a bunch of role players plus a fat NT and DT Williams (UNC) who should shore up the middle. Miller might be suspended but the rumor is it is a missed drug test and he has a possible explanation. Team seems confident that he'll beat or at least reduce the suspension. Expect some good sack and turn over numbers. Depending on your defensive philosophy, they should be a defense to consider among the first five or so off the board if you draft that way. Could be a little disappointing but have the potential to be elite.

Expect the defense to give a few extra possessions to the offense and the offense to perform at a level above last year (added Welker, new RBs, increased familiarity and pace). All in all, Manning, WR Thomas, and the DEF should at least be among the top 5-10 of their respective positions. Welker and Decker should be good WR 2 players at least. Flyers on Hillman and Ball aren't bad ideas but they'll be sharing carries. TE Thomas is the lottery ticket, especially with Manning liking TEs.

Last edited:
Kinda made my point for me about Gore being drafted later than he should be. He's clearly been a RB1 (statistically) every season he's played all year; including the past 2 seasons.

I also don't foresee Lattimore playing any meaningful downs this season. He may be physically ready by Week 10 but I can't see him playing unless all other options are hurt.

Agreed. I think he will be "redshirting" this entire year. They are in no need to potentially rush him back.

Played golf with a Rams fan last weekend. Not many of those around, so lemme give it a try.

QB: Bradford is in a Freeman kinda make it/break it type year. I think he'll still be pretty good and has just played on some bad teams. I think he'll be a decent #2 in fantasy.

RB: The Rams fan said they're really down on Pead. Which prolly means Richardson will get the lions share of carries. But he said they like their 5th round pick, Zac Stacy from Vandy. I kinda like Richardson among the late round RBs.

WR: Stable of young guys. Brought in Austin and Bailey from WVU. I think Austin is overrated by the sites given I don't know exactly how they're gonna use him. But Givens could be a steal. I'm thinking the former Deac gets close to 1K in receiving yards.

TE: They got Cook from Tennessee. If the young WRs struggle, he might could get 7-800 yards.

D: Good and prolly underrated D. Fisher is a smashmouth guy, and his defenses are tough. Having Long and Quinn rushing at DE means they'll get a lot of sacks and force some TOs. Definitely a draftable D.

If Bradford and the WRs are decent, I think this team could contend for a playoff spot. They've been making the best of the draft picks they got from Washington. This year they got Austin and Ogletree in the 1st, TJ McDonald and Bailey in the 3rd, Barrett Jones in the 4th (quite a steal) and Stacy in the 5th. Fisher has these guys trending in the right direction given where they were a couple of years ago. But they are in the toughest division in football. Who thought anyone would say that about the NFCW 2 years ago?

if you're playing in a league full of deacs, you probably won't be able to get a value pick for givens, but he can be a steal in smaller leagues with non-wake folks if you use him as a #3/bench option.

Washington Redskins -

QB: RGIII is making great progress, and should be starting from day 1. Assuming his visits to the medical shed are limited, he can put up QB1 numbers when you include rushing numbers. In really deep 16+ team leagues (I'm looking at you Chat Thread League One), Cousins is not a bad option if you have space on your bench - he will produce if RG3 goes down.

RB: Alfred Morris will be the focus of the Redskins offense, and he will receive the rock often, producing consistent results. He'll see more action as a receiver this year, but he will better serve in standard leagues.

WR: The least exciting group of the bunch. Garcon can function as a fill-in during bye weeks or for injured starters.

TE: Fred Davis is a nice sleeper pick. He will be a frequently used option for Griffin.

D: Stay away. The defense's greatest utility is telling you which opposing WRs you should start (all of them), as the secondary will assuredly get burned numerous times every Sunday. Injuries are taking their toll on the group, as well.

I'm higher on Garcon. Sounds like Moss is close to done. And I think Garcon is going to be a great sleeper pick - mid-late round guy who will get 1K in receiving yards.

I'm higher on Garçon, too, but he's risky, just like everyone on the Skins other than Alf. You can win a league if you grab RG3 late, or you could lose your league if you reach for him early and he goes down or doesn't hit expectations because he'll run less and just put up NFL efficient numbers, which suck for fantasy.

Giants:

QB: Eli is Eli. Will have some huge games and some mediocre games, some great throws and some wtf throws, but overall should have a solid season. The biggest issue for him is going to be the RBs. If they can get some semblance of a running game going and, perhaps more importantly, be effective in pass protection, then Eli could have a monster year with the WRs hopefully healthy and Myers on board. If they can't run the ball so that Ds are keyed on the pass, and the RBs can't help out in pass protection, then he'll throw 20 picks easily.

RB: Bradshaw is gone and the primary job is David Wilson's to lose. His explosiveness is unquestioned, but the key to him staying on the field is consistency and pass protection. If he can be a true 3-down back then he could have a massive year in terms of yardage. However, his fantasy points will be limited because Andre Brown will get the goalline carries. So unless Wilson is scoring from 10+ yards out, he won't get TDs. He may pick up one or two as a KR, if your league gives points for that to offensive players.

WR: Tough to choose between Nicks and Cruz as to who is the #1 on the team, but both are WR1s for fantasy purposes. Nicks is in a contract year, and they are bringing him along slowly in preseason to make sure he is 100% for the regular season. Cruz just signed a big deal himself. If they stay healthy they should both catch 80+ balls and go over 1,000 yards pretty easily. They also both seem to be pissed that the Roddy White / Julio Jones combo usually gets the "top WR duo" without having won jack shit, so it seems like they have something to prove numerically. Reuben Randle has been the surprise of camp, but there are only so many balls to go around.

TE: As it seems every year, they have a new TE. Brandon Myers put up excellent receiving numbers last season in Oakland playing with awful QBs, and the reports from camp are that he looks fantastic. He will likely put up decent stats similar to what Bennett put up last year, but won't get a ton of looks with Nicks, Cruz, Wilson, Brown, and Randle all competing for balls. He is probably a fringe TE1 in 12-team leagues.

D/ST: There is a good chance that this D really sucks. Osi is gone, JPP is coming off of surgery, and Tuck is getting older and hasn't done much the past 2 seasons. They have some promising young D-lineman, but most are untested. None of the starting LB spots are claimed. The secondary is mediocre. Wilson is one of the top 2 or 3 KRs in the league, but he could get moved from that if getting a lot carries at RB, and even if he isn't, the chances of him breaking one is far outweighed by the likelihood that the D leaks worse than a gangraped whore.

AFC West (if no one else has Oakland, SD, or KC)

Oakland - Maybe DMC and a WR but injury problems abound for them. Don't trust anyone else on the team. DEF could be decent for a spot start but most teams will have little problem with them.

San Diego
- Rivers could have a good season or continue to go downhill. Matthews is getting his last chance, same deal as Rivers - has the skill but is not performing up to it. WRs are hit or miss. Gates is getting old, probably a few great performances, some good ones and some bad ones but he's definitely not himself. DEF is average.

KC
QB - Alex Smith has done really well thus far in the preseason. Reid has a good gameplan for him and he's following though well on it. A gamemanager but nothing wrong with that. Probably a lower #1 or higher #2, he will provide decent numbers but will not be mistaken for the top echelon guys.
RB - Charles is a beast, and an underrated one at that. Last year, he would have been the comeback player if not for Manning and Peterson. He'll light up a lot of teams this year and probably only an injury will keep him out of the top 5 at the position. Definite first or second round pick.
WR - Kinda hit or miss. Bowe deserves to be drafted but he's never capitalized on his potential. I'd say a #3 WR at best but I also think he's lazy and unmotivated. Baldwin and McCluster (esp. McC) could put up decent numbers some weeks.
TE - Fasano will be a decent TE, probably start out as a borderline #1 but could emerge into an every week starter.
DEF - So much talent so they'll have to be pretty good. Still have lapses in coverage and run defense. Probably a top 10-15 defense with weeks of being in the top 3 along with weeks of being in the high teens to 20s.
This team will be Charles first. He is the bonafide stud and the first one to consider if drafting a Chief.

Thanks, Island. Agree not to trust anything about SD or Oak and am very high on Charles given that this will be an improved offense. Though I'd call Smith a low 2.

As for Rivers, he is still talented. His recent problems, IMHO, can be traced directly to AJ Smith. Five years ago, he had Tomlinson, VJax, Gates in his prime and a real OL. Last year he got pummeled and had no weapons. He still has no weapons to speak of, and this OL is still bad. I see him struggling again and SD dumping him at the end of the year. And some other team in need of a real QB getting him for a steal next offseason. Must be nice to be a Bronco fan in that division with @KC being the only tough divisional game. And if you see Rahim, thank him for me.:thumbsup:

Is Charles good enough to be drafted fifth overall in a twelve-team PPR league, if Doug Martin and CJ Spiller are being keepered?

And if you see Rahim, thank him for me.:thumbsup:
Oh no, I still see that play clearly. I still have no clue why he would go for the ball there. Oh well, he learned from that dumb play. Hope it never happens again.

Agree it's nice to have KC as the only consistent threat inside the division. I really wouldn't be too surprised to see them get a wildcard spot and put some pressure on Denver. They have way too good of roster to be that bad. I can definitely see SD making their games pretty tough since every year turns out pretty close regardless of one team being much better than the other sometimes.

Is Charles good enough to be drafted fifth overall in a twelve-team PPR league, if Doug Martin and CJ Spiller are being keepered?
Yes, he'd be #5 on most draft boards there with those two gone. (Peterson, Foster, [martin], [spiller], Lynch, Rice, Charles, Morris). His value is enhanced as well with the PPR since he'll get some catches while Lynch doesn't get as many.

Thanks, Island. Agree not to trust anything about SD or Oak and am very high on Charles given that this will be an improved offense. Though I'd call Smith a low 2.

As for Rivers, he is still talented. His recent problems, IMHO, can be traced directly to AJ Smith. Five years ago, he had Tomlinson, VJax, Gates in his prime and a real OL. Last year he got pummeled and had no weapons. He still has no weapons to speak of, and this OL is still bad. I see him struggling again and SD dumping him at the end of the year. And some other team in need of a real QB getting him for a steal next offseason. Must be nice to be a Bronco fan in that division with @KC being the only tough divisional game. And if you see Rahim, thank him for me.:thumbsup:

I like Denarius Moore of Oakland as a late round decent wr.

I'll give this a try for the Bills

QB - Kolb can't stay healthy so its looking almost certain that EJ will be the week 1 starter against the Pats. Even though I do think the new staff is doing everything it can to help him succeed, I would not touch him at all unless you desperately need a backup in the last couple rounds.

RB - I'd currently rank CJ as the #3 FF back this year (behind AP, and Foster). Averaged over 6 yds a carry last year and has a new offensive coordinator who was recently quoted as saying "We're going to give him the ball until he throws up". He should also be a monster in the screen game like he was last year. Biggest concerns are that Fred is still too good not to get his share of some carries, and it seems like the coaching staff doesn't want CJ to be the goal-line back. But with a good enough OL and a rookie QB, our offense will most certainly be the CJ Spiller show. And Fred should give some good value as a late-round pick.

WR - Stevie is Stevie. He will consistently put up solid yet unspectacular #s. He's the only WR on the roster with any real experience so he will most likely be EJs go-to guy. Expecting him to play much more in the slot (in a Victor Cruz type role) which I think is a fantastic move. With his unorthodox route-running he is extremely difficult to cover and will continue to give DBs fits but it really comes down to how well our QBs can get him the ball. We also have what appears to be a solid group of rookies. I honestly expect Robert Woods to turn some heads this year and am hoping for big things out of Da'Rick Rogers. I wouldn't even think about drafting either one but keep your eyes open after the first month of the season or so if you need help at WR.

TE - Similar to Stevie I think Scott Chandler will be a crutch for EJ. Not as athletic, strong, or fast as Gronkowski or Graham types, but he catches just about every damn ball that comes his way. He is coming back from a late-season ACL tear, but so far all signs indicate he will be good to go week 1. Solid mid to late round value.

D/ST - Would not draft. We do have a brand new DC (Mike Pettine from the Jets) who I think is going to do great things with our guys but I have absolutely no clue if they will actually be able to put it all together this year. We have some real talent on that side of the ball but our LBs are a HUGE question mark and if Byrd never shows up to camp so are our DBs. Usually, pretty solid at ST, and Leodis McKelvin was one of the best punt returners in the league last year, but that wouldn't make me draft them.

In conclusion, CJ is the only superstar and should go in the top 5 IMO. Other than that you can get some good middle-to-late round value out of Stevie, Scott, and Fred.

Last edited:
Captain, is it about time for our Bills thread? You should start it cause Brasky is bad luck, and the Siffster is even worse luck...

Ha, I think all of us Bills fans are bad luck

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk 4

When is Ralph going to hurry up and die so the Bills have a chance to get better? One of my friends in town is a huge Bills fan but just shakes her head and is depressed when you mention them. Never really liked or disliked the Bills but have always empathized with their fans and with a fellow rust belt city. Also agree that Woods was the best value pick in your draft and hope you can keep DaRick out of trouble.

When is Ralph going to hurry up and die so the Bills have a chance to get better? One of my friends in town is a huge Bills fan but just shakes her head and is depressed when you mention them. Never really liked or disliked the Bills but have always empathized with their fans and with a fellow rust belt city. Also agree that Woods was the best value pick in your draft and hope you can keep DaRick out of trouble.

Ralph has pretty much completely given up all control of the team and handed over the power to Russ Brandon. I'm still not entirely sold on Brandon but so far I'm a big fan of Doug Whaley, our new GM, and honestly expect really good things from Marrone and the coaching staff. Its nice to have a young, energetic coach as opposed to someone who may collapse and die on the sideline. I think we're moving in the right direction but its still an uphill battle for the Buffalo Bills

Ralph has pretty much completely given up all control of the team and handed over the power to Russ Brandon. I'm still not entirely sold on Brandon but so far I'm a big fan of Doug Whaley, our new GM, and honestly expect really good things from Marrone and the coaching staff. Its nice to have a young, energetic coach as opposed to someone who may collapse and die on the sideline. I think we're moving in the right direction but its still an uphill battle for the Buffalo Bills

I'm not sold on the drafting job this year. I love the Woods pick but think you really reached on both Manuel and Alonzo. And even though he's speedy, Goodwin is pretty raw. I liked Bailey better as a late 3rd prospect. Hope I'm wrong, though, because the Jets are fun to laugh at, and it'd be nice to see someone in that division challenge Brady and the Hoodie.

Back