• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantasy Football - Team Breakdowns

i have been passing on Richardson because he has too many injuries. Not his fault, he is just given the ball too much. He'll probably be questionable 8 weeks and miss 2, I don't want to deal with that in 1st round.

Yeah, this is what I was alluding to

Reggie Bush has been very good this preseason. If it's any indication of what the regular season is like (which it probably isn't), he will get plenty of touches rushing and catching balls out of the backfield.

The Steelers are not a "ground and pound" team. Their offensive line is horrific, they have a new OC who loves to throw (Todd Haley), and Bell has a foot injury and is probably out for multiple weeks (if not longer). Would stay far away from any Steelers' RB, personally.

Todd Haley the guy who made Jamall Charles a top 5 back? I read that Bell's foot injury is just a sprain. and Mendenhall was a top 10 fantasy player when in that offense and feature back.

I guess I'm wrong.

Rice - looks good.

Pierce looks awful, but is recovering from injury.

Flacco throwing the ball to the wrong team, but his WR are not good right now.

Dickson invisible. A last round or 2 TE is J. Cameron, T. Eifert or Sudfeld, maybe, maybe Heath Miller. But not Dickson.

Dallas Clark is just flat terrible.

Torrey Smith - love that guy.

Justin Tucker - stud.

Defense does look good on paper - 100% completely agree with you. Dumervil and Suggs make them a sneaky D no doubt.

Ravens

RBs: Rice might be a little overrated as a top 5-6 pick because I see Pierce getting more carries this year. Pierce is really good. I see Rice getting 1100 rushing yards and Pierce around 800.

QBs: Flacco is fine as a fantasy #2 but historically has been been wildly inconsistent. I believe much of his inconsistency was due to Cam Cameron and not a consistent OL. No way the Ravens win the SB last year had they not fired Cameron. Flacco throws a great ball but is immobile and doesn't sense pressure. Losing Boldin hurt, but losing Pitta really hurts. Those were his 3rd down go to guys. I'd value him in the mid teens as a fantasy QB but higher as a real life QB.

TE: Dickson is worth a last round or 2 steal as a #2 TE with Pitta out. Having a good camp too. Prolly good for 700 yards.

WRs: Torrey Smith may see a lot of double coverage this year. He's having a good camp, but the other WRs need to step up to make defenses respect them to free him up. Jones isn't an every down WR given his return duties but is a great returner. The wild card who could really surprise and put up decent #s is Deonte Thompson, a 2nd year UDFA - fastest guy on the roster and is having a good camp.

K: I see us kicking a lot of FGs because we lost our 2 best red zone targets. Lots of long TDs and 30-40 yard FGs this year. And Tucker is almost automatic inside of the mid-50s. Should be 1 of the best fantasy kickers.

D: Last year with Sizzle out, I knew to stay away from our D, and we used to be a top 5 fantasy D most years. But this year I'm high on the D once again. Sizzle and Dumerville are in great shape and look great in camp. And they beefed up the DL with Canty, Spears and a rookie NT. DC Dean Pees did a great job last year keeping this unit together despite the missing pieces. This year look for more blitzing, which should result in more TOs and sacks. Definitely the most underrated aspect of the team in the expert fantasy projections. Most rate them in the 10-15 range, whereas I think they'll be at least top-10 if not top-5.

Bell is out 6-8 weeks most likely.

Question is whether Redman or Dwyer can do anything. Dwyer looks decent in camp, as he lost 10 pds. and running hard in games. You know they want to pound it if they can.

Mendenhall, I will not draft because I want to like my own team.

Todd Haley the guy who made Jamall Charles a top 5 back? I read that Bell's foot injury is just a sprain. and Mendenhall was a top 10 fantasy player when in that offense and feature back.

I guess I'm wrong.

Rice - looks good.

Dickson invisible. A last round or 2 TE is J. Cameron, T. Eifert or Sudfeld, maybe, maybe Heath Miller. But not Dickson.

Justin Tucker - stud.

Defense does look good on paper - 100% completely agree with you. Dumervil and Suggs make them a sneaky D no doubt.

Pierce is fine - didn't fumble at all last year - think it was a fluke. And Kuechly is already the best MLB in the game.

Flacco isn't a regular season fantasy QB. Especially with this group of WRs. They played their #4-6 WRs with the rest of the 1st team O for at least 2 quarters just to see if someone stood out. UDFA rookie Brown did. No one else. Dickson is invisible because he has been injured. May be back week 1, definitely by week 2.

The D is definitely top 10 and may slide back into the top 5. The backfield is at least as good as it was last year and the front 7 is way better. After Sea and SF, the 3 Ds I like a lot that I think are a bit underrated are Bal, Cin & StL.

Denver Broncos
QB - Manning states he feels better than last year. Don't expect him to exceed his numbers from LY but reaching similar numbers should be relatively doable.

RB - RBBC time with Moreno, Ball, and Hillman. Hillman is the Week 1 starter at this point but all three (especially Ball and Hillman) will be sharing the load, unless one of them goes crazy.

WR - All three guys should put up decent numbers but there are only so many targets. Maybe something like 95 catches for DT and 75-85 for Decker and Welker. Welker and Decker have been switching between slot and outside receiver. Performance of TE Thomas thus far may take away a few more looks.

TE - Thomas has been playing with the starters and has performed well in camp. Tamme and Dressen both are around still but hurt. Expect all three to be contributors but if Thomas keeps it up he could be a sleeper to monitor or draft late if you have a big bench.

K - I know no one cares about kickers but Prater has been slightly shaky over the last year so if he is still a little unreliable the offense may be playing for TDs more often.

DEF - Lost Elvis, added a bunch of role players plus a fat NT and DT Williams (UNC) who should shore up the middle. Miller might be suspended but the rumor is it is a missed drug test and he has a possible explanation. Team seems confident that he'll beat or at least reduce the suspension. Expect some good sack and turn over numbers. Depending on your defensive philosophy, they should be a defense to consider among the first five or so off the board if you draft that way. Could be a little disappointing but have the potential to be elite.

Expect the defense to give a few extra possessions to the offense and the offense to perform at a level above last year (added Welker, new RBs, increased familiarity and pace). All in all, Manning, WR Thomas, and the DEF should at least be among the top 5-10 of their respective positions. Welker and Decker should be good WR 2 players at least. Flyers on Hillman and Ball aren't bad ideas but they'll be sharing carries. TE Thomas is the lottery ticket, especially with Manning liking TEs.

Any change to status of RB's? It looks like Moreno is going to be the starter, but is that just a formality? I drafted Moreno last night, late....could use some help at my flex spot.

I think Hillman is the starter, and a lot of pundits are picking Ball to get the most red zone touches. I wouldn't rely on any of them for week 1, though.

Ok, here's a question then...I'm weak at my flex spot...

Would you Start; Jacoby Jones, Brandon Pettigrew, Moreno, or Jason Avant?

It's a PPR league.

Surely too late for everyone's drafts, but who cares.

Panthers:

QB - Cam is great, obviously. If your league penalizes turnovers more than the, average, probably a reach at QB1. His stats should still be silly though Shula sucks.

RB - Stay away. Williams if he slips, but I just don't trust this backfield. Tolbert is around in FA for most leagues it seems. He could be an interesting pickup. Especially with Stewart out (I would expect out the whole season).

TE - Olsen is a middle of the pack TE. He will put up good numbers because our WR corps sucks so hard.

WR - Smith is smith. LaFell could be good value because he'll get plenty of looks. Ginn looks good if your league values return yards. The rest of the group is horrible.

D - Could be interesting to see how the develop. I still think that we aren't worth the look yet by nature of being in the NFC South, but they forced a TON of turnovers in the preseason so they are worth keeping an eye on.

K - who cares?

gbmKbfW.png

My team breakdown/outlook can be summarized in three letters: ACL.

(10 team league, draft was last night... no keepers, etc).

Can you explain TO, Tebow and Chad Johnson? You have no bench.

Don't judge me, bro. Its a tradition.

They'll be moved as soon as waivers open; I like having a lot of fluidity on my bench & having three spots I'm not stubborn with ('because I drafted that guy') has been a positive for me in the past.

I don't understand carrying two kickers or two defenses.

2 defenses I get....2 kickers, no.

I'm not looking to hold 2 defenses...

The plan (as long as roster space allows) is to have 1 consistent option, and when their match-up isn't favorable, to look at FA and find a team playing a rotten offense.

This isn't a bad way to play defense when you're desperate & have bench space later on in the season... My last league placed a lot of importance on team D, there were typically a few grenades I could disarm by looking 1 week ahead.

Hard to criticize someone for drafting two defenses, when they also wasted 3 draft picks drafting no one. May as well just have drafted 3 more defenses to keep other teams from having good week 1 match ups.

Hard to criticize someone for drafting two defenses, when they also wasted 3 draft picks drafting no one. May as well just have drafted 3 more defenses to keep other teams from having good week 1 match ups.

Fair enough. Just talking in general. There are maybe 2-3 defenses that are worth taking before the second to last round in any draft. If you don't take a kicker DEAD LAST, then you're doing it wrong.

Rice - looks good.

Justin Tucker - stud.

Do you see an increased role for Jacoby Jones?

Back