• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantasy Football - Team Breakdowns

I don't get 2 defenses. I tend to be a guy that picks defenses late and just goes by matchups. Give me whoever plays the Chiefs this year.

I'm normally the first to draft defense in my league. Last year, I had SF...I put them on a shelf and didn't think about that position all year. If I didn't subscribe to an elite defense, I would probaly do what you do. As a joke, I took the Eagles defense with the 'Mr Irrelevant' pick in my draft to show exactly how I feel about them. However ( I drafted SF again this year), when looking at the Niners bye week, it turns out the Eagles are playing the Raiders...so, I will likely hold onto them.

Do you see an increased role for Jacoby Jones?

No. Jacoby didn't have an impressive preseason. He's been in the league for a while and is what he is - a great return man and an occasional threat on O. He'll catch 40 passes at 17 ypc. Stokley will be the guy who moves the chains. But neither he nor Jacoby are worth owning in fantasy. It's possible Dickson could turn into a decent TE2. When it comes to the Ravens, it's worth owning Rice, Torrey Smith and this year's D. Maybe Flacco as QB2 if the OL and WRs can do a lot more than what they did in the preseason.

I'm normally the first to draft defense in my league. Last year, I had SF...I put them on a shelf and didn't think about that position all year. If I didn't subscribe to an elite defense, I would probaly do what you do. As a joke, I took the Eagles defense with the 'Mr Irrelevant' pick in my draft to show exactly how I feel about them. However ( I drafted SF again this year), when looking at the Niners bye week, it turns out the Eagles are playing the Raiders...so, I will likely hold onto them.

I think the Iggles will score points, but that D could be New Orleans level bad. Hell, that whole division has weak Ds.

As for the earlier points against owning 2 Ds, I usually draft 2 Ds with my 2nd and 3rd to last picks and my K with my last pick. I got Cincy, StL & Balmur in those late rounds this year and think it's worth have 2 solid Ds to switch around depending on which Os they're going up against.

Back