• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fast Car

luke combs version is lifeless.

The duet was much better than I anticipated. That's on me. But combs singing backup/chorus was the right choice.

Glad TC got a nice payday for the song writing credit and associated time back in the spotlight.

i bought her original eponymous album on cassette in the summer of 88 and played the HELL out of that thing. I can't hear Fast Car without immediately wanting to hear Across the Lines next.

Why didn't they harmonize on the chorus when they were both singing? I like the unifying symbolism of the duet, but they could have done more, musically, with the performance.
On a very special thread... birdman uses his big giant mitts to thumb his nose at luke and Tracey Chapman's arrangement.

I don't listen to Country and know little of Luke Combs; and haven't seen Chapman in forever. But in my opinion there were two performances that stole the Show last night, hands down.
Chapman/Combs and Annie Lennox. Oh and Miley was a trip, as always. I just can't get out of my mind though that if I ever went near her, she'd hurt me.....

I don't listen to Country and know little of Luke Combs; and haven't seen Chapman in forever. But in my opinion there were two performances that stole the Show last night, hands down.
Chapman/Combs and Annie Lennox. Oh and Miley was a trip, as always. I just can't get out of my mind though that if I ever went near her, she'd hurt me.....
I do not know what this means.

Tracy Chapman’s version is much better…period! Luke has on soul…

Not a fan of his, but not the fucking life experience sound that the song that it deserves.

Back