• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FIRE JEFF [Redacted] TONIGHT

To hire the next coach, put freaking names in a hat and draw them out. Anything is better than what we have.

To hire the next coach, put freaking names in a hat and draw them out. Anything is better than what we have.

Yeah, put names in the hat and draw till we find someone who will actually want the job.

He could have hired a great coach last time, what makes you think this time would be any different. I frankly don't think we will ever get a 'great' coach with Wellman at the helm.

Going to disagree. As i've said plenty of times the talk of firing Wellman blows my mind. He's made plenty of great hires and came in with a stinker on the Bzz hire (still feel he's a program cleaner-uper but don't want to get in that with the same people for the 40th time). He'll get the program back on track with the next hire after another season or two. WF will be fine.

Going to disagree. As i've said plenty of times the talk of firing Wellman blows my mind. He's made plenty of great hires and came in with a stinker on the Bzz hire (still feel he's a program cleaner-uper but don't want to get in that with the same people for the 40th time). He'll get the program back on track with the next hire after another season or two. WF will be fine.

This hire has run Wake's marquee program into the ground and cost the athletic deparment millions.

Millions we won't have to hire the next coach. For all the names I heard last time, I wasn't sure we could afford many of them. The same certainly holds true now, especially if we're hiring a mid-major, rather than low-major head coach.

This hire has run Wake's marquee program into the ground and cost the athletic deparment millions.

Yes it has. And the Grobe hire, the football stadium additions, and the Skip hire brought in more money to WF than anything this hire loses WF. It's really not even in the same discussion.

Yes it has. And the Grobe hire, the football stadium additions, and the Skip hire brought in more money to WF than anything this hire loses WF. It's really not even in the same discussion.

Yes it is. He's fired two coaches who averaged 20 wins per season and now we have this guy.

Back