• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FIRE JEFF [Redacted] TONIGHT

I always liked Rollie... I'll go with him and the can of Spam.

Air Force fired their coach today. Maybe they go after Bzzzz.

Wait a minute! UNCG fired their coach mid-season and NEW leadership has turned their season around? Now Air Force has fired their coach mid-season as well! I was told repeatedly last year (on that other board) that we couldn't fire our coach (Buzz) mid-season. Now this year two schools have done it! Further UNCG has TURNED THEIR SEASON AROUND with the same "bad" players simply by giving them better leadership. SO LEADERSHIP DOES MATTER! (I think I said that REPEATEDLY last year...) If only our AD had the guts (and good sense) last year to send Buzz packing mid-season. :rulz:

BuzzOut - till he's gone.

Huh? We smoked them by 15 on their home court and you are praising their coach? Wake led by 20 in the game. If Bz is as bad as many here think BC should have fired Donahue after our game.

yes but they are younger than us and have gotten better throughout the year and that is how you tell someone is a good coach. Do you think we have gotten better throughout the year the last 2 years?

yes but they are younger than us and have gotten better throughout the year and that is how you tell someone is a good coach. Do you think we have gotten better throughout the year the last 2 years?

Quite the opposite

Maybe our lack of bodies is running our team down towards the end of the season, but I doubt it.

It should be obvious to everyone that [Redacted] is not the long term answer here. At best, he's a bridge coach that gets us back to mediocre. At worst, well we've seen that several times already.

The utter stupidity of these "fired Bzz now!" threads is so obvious.

If Bzz were fired TODAY, who would be hiring the new coach? The same guy who made this ridiculous hire to begin with, Ron Wellman.

Unfortunately, sports fans, we are stuck in the Twilight Zone, with no way out.

Ron Wellman has done a ton of good things for Wake athletics and deserves our gratitude for that, but the next hire of a basketball coach will be the most important hire in Wake Forest history, and Ron Wellman cannot be allowed to make it.

The utter stupidity of these "fired Bzz now!" threads is so obvious.

If Bzz were fired TODAY, who would be hiring the new coach? The same guy who made this ridiculous hire to begin with, Ron Wellman.

Unfortunately, sports fans, we are stuck in the Twilight Zone, with no way out.

Ron Wellman has done a ton of good things for Wake athletics and deserves our gratitude for that, but the next hire of a basketball coach will be the most important hire in Wake Forest history, and Ron Wellman cannot be allowed to make it.

This shouldn't be a tough hire...at this point we need a bridge coach to get us out of this hole. i.e. the thing that Bzzinners claimed he was after the fact when the entire program started to implode. We can't even start rebuilding until Bzz is gone.

Besides, as was mentioned on another thread, I doubt Ron gets 100% control over the hiring process this time around.

Last edited:
It should be obvious to everyone that [Redacted] is not the long term answer here. At best, he's a bridge coach that gets us back to mediocre. At worst, well we've seen that several times already.

I take some issue with this (bold), we weren't close to mediocre before this coaching hire. We're now not close to mediocre either but the only way "back to" applies here is if we are talking about 1990.

Now that I am completely past the blinding anger and crushing disappointment of the past 1.5 years and have settled into comfortable apathy, I can appreciate the most fascinating part of this whole thing, which is the gigantic shit that Ron Wellman has taken on his own legacy at WFU.

Now that I am completely past the blinding anger and crushing disappointment of the past 1.5 years and have settled into comfortable apathy, I can appreciate the most fascinating part of this whole thing, which is the gigantic shit that Ron Wellman has taken on his own legacy at WFU.

Was just discussing this with someone. Despite all of the good he has done with Grobe, Groves, baseball facilities, tennis facilities, golf facilities, and the impending purchase of the Joel, saving some sort of miracle hire, the BzzZone will ultimately define his legacy at Wake. I'm more than happy overall with how he has handled everything but coaching hiring/firing, so I'm comfortable keeping him on board until retirement, letting him try to salvage his legacy, while removing his power to unilaterally make coaching decisions.

I just hope Wellman & Co. are looking. I wouldn't replace Bz with just anybody, and certainly wouldn't fire him w/o a replacement, but if you don't extend the feelers, you can't know who might be interested. It would be terrible to miss the opportunity to hire a great coach because you're not looking.

I just hope Wellman & Co. are looking. I wouldn't replace Bz with just anybody, and certainly wouldn't fire him w/o a replacement, but if you don't extend the feelers, you can't know who might be interested. It would be terrible to miss the opportunity to hire a great coach because you're not looking.

He could have hired a great coach last time, what makes you think this time would be any different. I frankly don't think we will ever get a 'great' coach with Wellman at the helm.

Back