• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Lobo!

Children read this board. Have some class.

I pine for the days when we had the smoke and mirrors thing working and people dreaded playing us. What happened to all that shit?

I think the biggest problem we face... even more than Lobo... is the lack of AC/DC. Bring back Hell's Bells and get a little fire in the belly. What is all this techno dance crap music they are playing through the game. It is one more example of the pussification of football.

And one final note... I want to detonate the speaker system they have wired to the band. I'm sorry, I love our band but it sounded bad... not as bad as Lobo's play selection... but pretty damn bad.

What happened was we had a good o line and now we don't. We had the element of surprise and now we don't. We had an accurate passer who could throw on the run and under pressure and now we don't. However, these are just excuses. If lobo can't adapt, he shouldn't be given repeated opportunities to fail.

What happened was we had a good o line and now we don't. We had the element of surprise and now we don't. We had an accurate passer who could throw on the run and under pressure and now we don't. However, these are just excuses. If lobo can't adapt, he shouldn't be given repeated opportunities to fail.

A .500 record at Wake Forest in not failing.

Was it Lobo's decision to go away from the cut blocking orbit style or was it Grobe's .

Lobo was the OL coach with those great OLs.

A .500 record at Wake Forest in not failing.

So expectations can never be raised, new Keeper? What if we got a team full of 5 star recruits? Would .500 still satisfy you?

Many here are under the impression that with Coach Grobe's success, expectations HAVE been raised and rightly so. People that complain are aware of the history of Wake Forest football, but also know that the overall coaching staff we have and the improvement in talent should result in more wins than we are getting. I personally think (after long conversations with multiple offensive players) that the offensive decision-making is suggested by lobo, but ultimately approved by Grobe. It isn't a Lobo problem, it's a Grobo problem. I personally wish that they were just a little more aggressive (THROWING on 3rd & 5, more unpredictable playcalling, trusting the crop of talented wideouts more and straying from our run-based offense), we would be much better than .500 in the Grobe era.

Many people think the expectation of wins has been raised. You don't. That's the difference here.

So expectations can never be raised, new Keeper? What if we got a team full of 5 star recruits? Would .500 still satisfy you?

Many here are under the impression that with Coach Grobe's success, expectations HAVE been raised and rightly so. People that complain are aware of the history of Wake Forest football, but also know that the overall coaching staff we have and the improvement in talent should result in more wins than we are getting. I personally think (after long conversations with multiple offensive players) that the offensive decision-making is suggested by lobo, but ultimately approved by Grobe. It isn't a Lobo problem, it's a Grobo problem. I personally wish that they were just a little more aggressive (THROWING on 3rd & 5, more unpredictable playcalling, trusting the crop of talented wideouts more and straying from our run-based offense), we would be much better than .500 in the Grobe era.

Many people think the expectation of wins has been raised. You don't. That's the difference here.

I never said the expectation of wins have not been raised. I said I don't think that is realistic.

I think football had the best conference winning percentage of any WF men's sports last season. Do you advocate firing assistant coaches of any of the sports that were not as sussessful as football? If not, why?

I never said the expectation of wins have not been raised. I said I don't think that is realistic.

Why don't you expect us to win more games than .500% with the best coaching staff (overall) we've had in football and more talent than ever?

I think football had the best conference winning percentage of any WF men's sports last season. Do you advocate firing assistant coaches of any of the sports that were not as sussessful as football? If not, why?

I think I made new Keeper type more than any other person ever has.

Give me the crown ogboards: I've defeated all of the axis of boards evil. I beat dv7 in a roast, I trolled moonz enough to turn him into a passive aggressive tagger, and ive made new Keeper type more than two sentences.

My work is complete. Time to prepare for burning man.

Last edited:
Why don't you expect us to win more games than .500% with the best coaching staff (overall) we've had in football and more talent than ever?

Who said we have more talent that ever? The coaching staff is resposible for us being about .500 instead of the usual career well below .500.

Please answer this.

Every year we are normally ranked at the bottom of the conference recruiting wise. Coaches do a great job winning the games we do.

Coaches win games, players lose them? Is that what I'm to believe?

Back