• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Manning, Hire Loyola Coach

Isn't research part of your job?? How can you compare 1963 to the last 25 years.

I LOVE the run by Loyola! But, they won 3 NCAA games by a total of 4 points. It took a last second shot to beat Miami or none of us would even know who Porter is or was. The knee jerk reactions need to be placed on pause or you are as bad as Wellman in getting anyone who would say, "yes" to Wake. I want to give Manning one more year and then if he fails get a coach w/a better resume. Than the flavor of the day or a mid-major semi-successful track record (Miller, etc.)

Winning is winning no matter the margin. Strange to try and diminish their run as a fluke just to subtly prop up manning.

I know you weren’t replying to me, but I am in no way trying to prop up Manning.

I just don’t want our next coach, whenever he’s hired, to be someone like Porter Moser (limited long-term success with one special run).

I mean, if pressed, I’d prefer Manning over Moser... But that’s not the point. The point is that I’d like a lot of other coaches better than Moser to succeed Manning.

Our board has turned into a bitchy, bickering shit storm...consistant, sustainable, predictable losing does that to a fan base. We can shit all over Key since he's leaving and shit all over the mid majors for one year wonders all we want.

The fact remains that it was so much fun watching Loyola celebrating an effing trip to the Final Four last night...I'd gladly take one fluke run to the Final Four; their team would absolutely kick our ass. Its also nice to see a K State team who easily beat our best team in 8 years away last year make it to the Elite 8 this year.

We're in basketball hell and some of you think we're one pretty good (not elite) recruiting class from upper half of the conference finishes and Sweet 16's. Our best team in 8 year's could only manage a 10th place finish and they followed up the UL win with a beat down in the ACC Tournament as well as the NCAA play in game. I'm Manning out but if he would have won first round ACC and play in NCAA I actually mighty feel a little different.

Every time DM's teams have an opportunity for a signature win or to do something to get over the hump we always fail.

But Kenpom.

Isn't research part of your job?? How can you compare 1963 to the last 25 years.

Isn’t reading part of your job? (I have no idea what your job is)

My point was that the “last 25 years” aren’t relevant to the current situation.

Fire Danny and hire Jay Wright!

He wanted to come here but Wellman lowballed him and would not give his wife a tenured teaching position.

I think it would be a bit of a long shot at this point.

Reactions: Ayo
FYI, I wasn't trying to prop up Manning through some scheme of questioning a "fluke" run. We are where we are in regards to Danny. One just has to hope that the class coming in and can rise and succeed.

Ph, Prosser's term was just 11 years ago and to equate that as irrelevant or compare it to 1963 is asinine.... How can you even compare 1963 to the last 20 years of - almost anything? Don't worry I will wait.

Just curious if you ever own up to making mental leaps beyond the grasp of reason. Fortunately, my job doesn't require an education. However, it does require thinking and work. : )

Dude, 11 years was a long time ago and is hardly relevant to explain current success or failure. I know you’re trying to hold on to Wake’s past to claim some superiority over a program that has more Final Fours and national championships than Wake in history and in the last 11 years.

Maybe this will help explain my point. The time between Loyola’s championship and Odom’s first year at Wake is about the same as the time between Odom’s first year at Wake and now. Would anybody have claimed Loyola’s 1963 championship gave the 1990 Loyola team any superior over the 1990 Wake team?

No.

Last edited:
Actually, I was trying to state that I would prefer to have 20 years of sustained success (??) vs. a one year wonder run like another poster professed. My comparison of the 20 year history between the two programs was to show that (IMO) the Loyola fan base would have salivated over Wake's success in that same time period.

My hope is that Loyola wins it all. I would love to see them beat Duke or Kansas!

Was def intoxicated when I created this thread, but anyone who thinks that Manning is a superior coach to Loyola Majerus bro, is a fucking idiot.

Was def intoxicated when I created this thread, but anyone who thinks that Manning is a superior coach to Loyola Majerus bro, is a fucking idiot.

Coming from the creator of the "Clawson Credibility Thread". But we are fucking idiots for not wanting to hire a coach based upon one successful season. Ok...

I get why people keep starting and contributing to these stupid threads, but Porter Moser would be a terrible hire for Wake Forest.

The guy has a record of 13 years you can critique.

Hiring a coach because of one game or one run is not a recipe for success.

I agree. He doesn’t have a great resume.

Coming from the creator of the "Clawson Credibility Thread". But we are fucking idiots for not wanting to hire a coach based upon one successful season. Ok...

Clawson went 8-5 on the back of Wake's greatest offensive season in recent memory, including an underwhelming loss to the powerhouse football program that is Duke. So lets see if he can sustain success before we appoint him Coach for Life.

You think Clawson is credible though, right?

Geez.... We might not appoint him coach for life but would you not say this is the best we have looked on the field in a decade?? Clawson is the man!!! Fire Danny Manning yesterday!!

Back