• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Manning, Hire Loyola Coach

Kansas State rebounded from their first four experience with an Elite 8 run. How did Wake do?

Let's see, they lost 24 ppg off that team. We lost 37 ppg. We lost our entirew starting front court.

My bad, there's no sense trying to be sensible. They lost everything and we lost nothing...

Let's see, they lost 24 ppg off that team. We lost 37 ppg. We lost our entirew starting front court.

My bad, there's no sense trying to be sensible. They lost everything and we lost nothing...

Their run this year would have been similar to Wake doing the same last year after Collins getting hurt.
THey actually suck though. 0-7 vs the 3 best big 12 teams & got UMBC instead of UVA.

They have no top 100 players on their team, you dunce. They have two players in the top 200 on their whole team. Most are in the 300s, 400s, and 500s.

Wasn’t talking about him. Wellman has continued to destroy the program.

They have no top 100 players on their team, you dunce. They have two players in the top 200 on their whole team. Most are in the 300s, 400s, and 500s.

As usual, the moronic, child, Ayo doesn't know what he's fucking talking about as you can see here from Rivals - Xavier Sneed was #93 on their list - https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/xavier-sneed-2066

There's no sense going further.

Agitated, ignorant and hate-filled is a horrible way to go through life Ayo and those are your primary character traits.

As usual, the moronic, child, Ayo doesn't know what he's fucking talking about as you can see here from Rivals - Xavier Sneed was #93 on their list - https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/xavier-sneed-2066

There's no sense going further.

Agitated, ignorant and hate-filled is a horrible way to go through life Ayo and those are your primary character traits.

Agitated, ignorant, and hate-filled is no way to go through life.

Get it together, AYO

Last edited:
I get why people keep starting and contributing to these stupid threads, but Porter Moser would be a terrible hire for Wake Forest.

The guy has a record of 13 years you can critique.

Hiring a coach because of one game or one run is not a recipe for success.

I agree. He doesn’t have a great resume.

Neither would come to Wake. And y’all would have run Larranaga and Smart off by now so what’s the point.

Larranaga potentially no doubt you are right.

Smart no chance in hell since his recruiting classes would have been stronger than Manning, and that means wins. We are starving for wins.

I get why people keep starting and contributing to these stupid threads, but Porter Moser would be a terrible hire for Wake Forest.

The guy has a record of 13 years you can critique.

Hiring a coach because of one game or one run is not a recipe for success.

Coming into this year he was 194-206 in 13 seasons at bad schools.

Meh, who cares what he did at Illinois State a decade ago. Dude has taken a program from the dumpster to the Final 4. That is far more impressive than Shaka or Stevens. Greg Marshall and Laranaga are his peers. We'd give our left nut for any of those coaches.

That being said, we're gonna stick with Manning another 2-3 years, and then hire a Kevin Stallings type who will retire here. And everyone involved will make millions of dollars while accomplishing nothing. Losers paying losers. That's the Wake Way.

Meh, who cares what he did at Illinois State a decade ago. Dude has taken a program from the dumpster to the Final 4. That is far more impressive than Shaka or Stevens. Greg Marshall and Laranaga are his peers. We'd give our left nut for any of those coaches.

OK, I can limit my criticism to his current job.

This was the first year Moser had a winning record in conference in the 7 years he’s been the Loyola-Chicago coach.

They have a very good team this year, but he does not have the resume of Marshall, Larranaga, Smart, or Stevens. He is only their peer in that he is a college basketball coach that has made a Final Four.

Wasn’t talking about him. Wellman has continued to destroy the program.

Not fixing something as fast as you should isn’t the same as destroying it. You know this. I’d take the arguments against Manning staying more seriously if y’all didn’t engage in this nonsense.

It’s ok to call for a bad, mediocre, good, or even great coach to be fired if it will help the program. You don’t need to make the coach seen worse than he is to justify you wanting him fired.

Manning’s not a great coach, he might not even be a good coach, but the fact that y’all try to equate him to [Redacted] leads me to believe you aren’t that confident in your desire for Wellman to pick another coach.

Back