• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Any twitter updates this morning from Louise Mensch, Claude Taylor, Benjamin Wittes, or Tom Nichols?

Asking for a friend

Remember when the media jumped to her defense after Michelle Wolf’s joke? Reporters pretend like they want to hold her accountable, but in the end, they’re all in the same club and won’t really criticize their own.

Yep.

Trump’s lying bullshit doesn’t bother me because he’s a known serial liar. But when it comes from a self proclaimed “Christian” like SHS defending a morally corrupt person like Donald Trump, it bothers me especially. She will probably work for Fox News when this is all over. Even though she knowingly lied to the public to defend the ultimate non Christian. Pathetic.

Any twitter updates this morning from Louise Mensch, Claude Taylor, Benjamin Wittes, or Tom Nichols?

Asking for a friend

This guy @realDonaldTrump (I don't know him) has some hot takes this morning. He should win the Pulitzer. He saved my life from wind turbine cancer.

Yep.

Trump’s lying bullshit doesn’t bother me because he’s a known serial liar. But when it comes from a self proclaimed “Christian” like SHS defending a morally corrupt person like Donald Trump, it bothers me especially. She will probably work for Fox News when this is all over. Even though she knowingly lied to the public to defend the ultimate non Christian. Pathetic.

Can we stop pretending that Christians, or any religious people, have some sort of higher built in level of morality? We shouldn’t pretend to be shocked when a Christian is a shitty person, because history has been full of them.

To show you how stupid Trump is and how incompetent the Dems are, here are the main results of the report:

1. Russia infiltrated and impacted our election to help Trump win. He is Putin's POTUS.
2. The Trump Campaign and inner circle wanted to conspire with the Russians but were too stupid to pull it off.
3. Trump would have been indicted for over a dozen instances of obstruction of justice if he wasn't POTUS.

In what rational world is this a "victory" for Trump?

How can't the Dems destroy Trump with this data?

Each of those is mind-boggling.

The narrative on talk radio this morning is nothing but clear vindication, this shit allowed the Dems to steal the 2018 election, imagine how much more could have been accomplished if Trump didn't have to deal with this burden, need to investigate the investigators who dared to think there could be any impropriety with the Trump campaign (Obama/Clinton DOJ Deep State).

Can we stop pretending that Christians, or any religious people, have some sort of higher built in level of morality? We shouldn’t pretend to be shocked when a Christian is a shitty person, because history has been full of them.

Amen to that

Given the current state of public Christianity, I’m totally fine with that.

The narrative on talk radio this morning is nothing but clear vindication, this shit allowed the Dems to steal the 2018 election, imagine how much more could have been accomplished if Trump didn't have to deal with this burden, need to investigate the investigators who dared to think there could be any impropriety with the Trump campaign (Obama/Clinton DOJ Deep State).

Yep. I'm seeing it on facebook too, and the Fox website had an article about Kellyanne Conway demanding that the press and Democrats "apologize" to Trump and the GOP, as the Mueller Report has completely vindicated him. Once again, it's clear at how much better the GOP is at spinning things than Democrats. Barr releases a four-page summary that omits any damaging information, shouts "No Collusion!" from the hilltops, and the news media (including the so-called liberal msm) eats it up. That frames the narrative. Then when Barr's redacted version finally comes out - with lots of damaging information, in spite of Barr's edits and redactions - they hold a press conference to provide further spin before his version is even released. Now they and right-wing media are shouting that it's all over, and if the Dems try to impeach or hold any further investigations, they'll spin it as little more than partisan spite. Democrats won't buy the spin, of course, and many independents, but his base will eat it up, and that's all they care about. Meanwhile, the House Dems can't even seem to get together and figure out what to say with a single voice - they've been all over the place the past couple of days, from calls for impeachment to saying they're not going to impeach, followed by retractions and contradictions. Sigh.

Yep. I'm seeing it on facebook too, and the Fox website had an article about Kellyanne Conway demanding that the press and Democrats "apologize" to Trump and the GOP, as the Mueller Report has completely vindicated him. Once again, it's clear at how much better the GOP is at spinning things than Democrats. Barr releases a four-page summary that omits any damaging information, shouts "No Collusion!" from the hilltops, and the news media (including the so-called liberal msm) eats it up. That frames the narrative. Then when Barr's redacted version finally comes out - with lots of damaging information, in spite of Barr's edits and redactions - they hold a press conference to provide further spin before his version is even released. Now they and right-wing media are shouting that it's all over, and if the Dems try to impeach or hold any further investigations, they'll spin it as little more than partisan spite. Democrats won't buy the spin, of course, and many independents, but his base will eat it up, and that's all they care about. Meanwhile, the House Dems can't even seem to get together and figure out what to say with a single voice - they've been all over the place the past couple of days, from calls for impeachment to saying they're not going to impeach, followed by retractions and contradictions. Sigh.

it's a lot easier to say NO COLLUSION!! than to actually have nuance

it's a lot easier to say NO COLLUSION!! than to actually have nuance

Yeah, this is the problem. Real issues require some complexity. The Mueller report is complex, but Barr/GOP reduce it down to some soundbites, just like they reduce governing a country down to a few soundbites, "strong defense, lower taxes, judges who apply the law." General public isn't smart enough, is too lazy, or just too distracted to actually appreciate complexity.

Dems need to be all over the obstruction conclusion that the only reason he wasn't charged was because of the opinion from legal counsel that he can't be charged. Then, they need to hammer the factual conclusions indicating obstruction.

The conspiracy with Russia is more technical. I wouldn't be surprised if some laws changed to address what occurred. The one thing the Mueller report seems to make clear is that the Trump campaign coordinated with Wikileaks to release info with the expectation that it would damage Clinton.

Last edited:
The Mueller report essentially says there was plenty of smoke and we can’t say there wasn’t a fire. It’s DOJ policy not to determine if a President started a fire and it would take too long to bring the President in to ask if why he started the fire.

House Democrats need to lay this out for the American people. Explain that the only reason Trump isn’t being indicted is because he’s President. That’s it. Pretty much everything you’ve heard about Trump is true. The responsibility lies with Congress to impeach and remove him from office. Explain that the only reason they will not impeach is because Republicans are fine with everything the Trump administration did and they will not remove him from office.

The Mueller report essentially says there was plenty of smoke and we can’t say there wasn’t a fire. It’s DOJ policy not to determine if a President started a fire and it would take too long to bring the President in to ask if why he started the fire.

House Democrats need to lay this out for the American people. Explain that the only reason Trump isn’t being indicted is because he’s President. That’s it. Pretty much everything you’ve heard about Trump is true. The responsibility lies with Congress to impeach and remove him from office. Explain that the only reason they will not impeach is because Republicans are fine with everything the Trump administration did and they will not remove him from office.

This.

If Joe Iowa acted the way Trump did, Joe would be in jail. Why is there a separate set of rules for those in power?

Sorry Birdo.

That joke had an audience of 1. I hope it even half landed lol

DIDN'T FLY, DIDN'T LAND! AWFUL JOKE! I heard a Louisiana waterthrush singing yesterday next to the beaver pond in the woods behind my neighborhood and I just know it was real!

Would be nice to ask SHS about why she lied and gave BS excuses for it publicly at the next formal press briefing.

Oh wait, the WH doesn’t do these anymore.

I hope someone grills her at the next informal one on the lawn. Want to see her squirm

George Snuffluffogus did

Back