• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FiveThirtyEight midterms projections update: Republicans favored to take the Senate

What the fuck would "all out revolt" from 100ish House members look like or even hope to accomplish? Do you understand they can't really even bring anything to the floor?

He wants the party that claims to be the party of civil liberties to be the party of civil liberties no matter who is in the White House.

What the fuck would "all out revolt" from 100ish House members look like or even hope to accomplish? Do you understand they can't really even bring anything to the floor?

What happens after a bill passes the house?

So we agree, there is no national party that stands for civil liberties?

So we agree, there is no national party that stands for civil liberties?

Right. That's my point. Civil liberties are an issue where the Dems are divided and don't have a party line. But more of them are on the right side than not. And more than the GOP. And yet you seem to think there's a particular Democratic failing on the issue, or hypocrisy or something.

http://www.democrats.org/democratic-national-platform#greater-together

I didn't find any real mention of civil liberties in the 2012 platform.

The majority of the Dem House caucus are "lone wolf types" here. It's ridiculous. One party is not-good-enough and the other is abhorrent and your complaints are about the not-good-enough.

The reason I am harder on Dems on this issue is because they are the ones that could stop it. The republicans are hopeless on this. That is why I haven't voted for a republican in over 10 years (including today).

I got to vote against Sam Brownback and Pat Roberts, so there's that (my permanent residence in the USA is in Kansas while I love abroad).

So the Republicans were right, we do have foreigners voting in our elections!

I'm personally glad the Republicans are taking the Senate.

Let's see this shit in action.

God North Carolina...

""There are lines all over the place," said Kristin Mavromatis with the Mecklenburg County Board of Elections. "Not quite as long as the line at the Cheesecake Factory but there are lines."

God North Carolina...

""There are lines all over the place," said Kristin Mavromatis with the Mecklenburg County Board of Elections. "Not quite as long as the line at the Cheesecake Factory but there are lines."

Tillis' wet dream.

I actually went door to door for a very good friend of mine that was running for Fairfax City Council. Is alright for off year local elections for some one that I know personally?

We got a knock on Saturday and almost didn't answer, then begrudgingly I got up and it was someone going door to door for Don Beyer. I would have been annoyed except it was actually Don Beyer.

Dems should be quietly rooting for Republicans to take over the Senate to set up 2016, right?

We got a knock on Saturday and almost didn't answer, then begrudgingly I got up and it was someone going door to door for Don Beyer. I would have been annoyed except it was actually Don Beyer.

Dems should be quietly rooting for Republicans to take over the Senate to set up 2016, right?

I'm not upset if the Republicans win. GOP has no plans to do anything the next two years and Cruz wants to investigate Obama for abusing power - which will be comical because him v. McConnell and Paul is going to be high comedy. Rand and Mitch are going to be looking across the aisle saying WTF is this, while Dems say "yep been dealing with this craziness for the past four years...your problem now."

God North Carolina...

Cheesecake Factory in Charlotte at SouthPark Mall is especially good.

Back