• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FiveThirtyEight midterms projections update: Republicans favored to take the Senate

Everybody talks about a 3rd party like it would a 3rd party they agree with. In that scenario, Rand Paul and Elizabeth Warren each would be more likely to start a 3rd party themselves rather than create a chasm in which a 3rd party could develop.

President Hickenlooper...just rolls off the tongue.

Anyone who thinks Warren is a clueless academic should check out her archives at Credit Slips. Her work has always been focused on real-world issues and I think her work regarding the 2005 bankruptcy changes has proven very prescient. Chris is being a hater for some reason (jealousy?).

Maybe because she actually thinks she can get something done with the middle class

P sure clueless Ivory Tower Academic applies to pie-in-the-sky philosophers, not folks doing bankruptcy law and running TARPCOP. I'm sure ChrisL68 has a better idea of Warren's competency than Neil Barofsky, though.

She went to George Washington, University of Houston, and Rutgers. Her dad was a janitor and her mom was a waitress.

Ivory tower ELITE right there.

I'm just saying... I'd vote for her, I'd campaign for her, and I'd damn sure donate to her campaign.

I would love for Warren, Hillary, Christie, and a Tea Party candidate to all run for president.

it seems to me that Democrats have been running from being Democrats the last few cycles due to blowback from Obamacare I guess. That stuff may work for some independent voters but it seems to me that it also depresses the base Democratic vote. Kay Hagan ran from being a Democrat as fast as she could and the result was that the base did not turn out for here. Obviously there were a lot of other factors, the main one being the inevitable year 6 swoon in the president's party, but Tillis got out the base and Hagan did not. Warren is about the only person out there who is (a) credible and (b) not afraid to say she's a progressive who is advocating for middle class and poor Americans.

it seems to me that Democrats have been running from being Democrats the last few cycles due to blowback from Obamacare I guess. That stuff may work for some independent voters but it seems to me that it also depresses the base Democratic vote. Kay Hagan ran from being a Democrat as fast as she could and the result was that the base did not turn out for here. Obviously there were a lot of other factors, the main one being the inevitable year 6 swoon in the president's party, but Tillis got out the base and Hagan did not. Warren is about the only person out there who is (a) credible and (b) not afraid to say she's a progressive who is advocating for middle class and poor Americans.

And she would pretty much destroy anybody in a debate. She flat out knows her stuff.

She would play well to the faithful, but she wouldn't get much moderate support due to her extreme progressive positions. Hardly jealous just not a fan of extremists on either side.

She is a more intelligent version of Bernie Sanders.

Last edited:
ah yes, otherwise known as a clueless ivory tower elite

self hating liberals suck

Elizabeth Warren is "extreme"? Only in America. She's fucking centrist as hell in terms of the global political spectrum. There's wealthy western nations where she'd damn near be the right wing.

Most Americans have no clue how extremely right wing the country is. Democrats are a center-right party, for fuck's sake.

She went to George Washington, University of Houston, and Rutgers. Her dad was a janitor and her mom was a waitress.

Ivory tower ELITE right there.

Why would you leave out the part about her being a professor at Penn and Harvard Law Schools?

Back