• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Flake not running for re-election

My money is on Krysten Sinema for the Dems. Good candidate.

Will be interesting though to see what, if any, her status as bisexual and non-religious has in her campaign (primarily meaning the efficacy of attacks from the right).

I am sure all the Catholic Latinos can't wait to pull the lever for her. What are the AZ Dems thinking here? Ask Kelly or Giffords and if they pass then go with Sinema if that's the best you can get.

Sinema gets the front-runner status in part because of her ability to raise money. She raised $1 million last quarter, just short of what Flake raised, and she didn't announce her Senate bid till the end of the quarter. Kelly would be good but has he given any indication that he wants to run?

It will be interesting to see who else from the Republican side steps forward with Flake bowing out.

Edit: RCP argues that Flake not running helps Republican chances (but still calls it a toss-up.)

Flake Retirement Helps the GOP in Ariz. Senate Race

Last edited:
Ya think? That's the understatement of this young century.

I was thinking that a fiscal moderate who is socially okay who might get Flake's endorsement and some Romney voters would be the ideal candidate. But I can imagine the TV ads in AZ with a bisexual athiest in the general.

Yeah it's too bad for the GOP that Democrats are the only ones that engage in identity politics. This would've been a big focal point otherwise, right Brrraaaadddddd?

Again, Sinema has a lot of money and the full support of the Democrat establishment. Further, she's exceptionally qualified.

Again, Sinema has a lot of money and the full support of the Democrat establishment. Further, she's exceptionally qualified.

Are we gong to bet on exceptionally qualified or atheist dyke? Speaking of the latter, which do we believe is more disqualifying, being an atheist or a dyke? I'm thinking atheist. Especially if she's attractive and made a sex tape with Aubrey Plaza, in which case she could sell copies of said tape at campaign rallies.

Are we gong to bet on exceptionally qualified or atheist dyke? Speaking of the latter, which do we believe is more disqualifying, being an atheist or a dyke? I'm thinking atheist. Especially if she's attractive and made a sex tape with Aubrey Plaza, in which case she could sell copies of said tape at campaign rallies.

cool post

Sinema is attractive as a woman and a candidate. Blue Dog and in the Problem Solvers Caucus. Voted against Pelosi. Has a hardluck working class story. Raised Mormon, went to BYU. Support from the US Chamber of Commerce.

Seems like a good candidate.

I’ve thought about that before Cville and talked about it with the gf a lot. I think non theism is more disqualifying. Which is absurd considering the percentage of Americans who identify as nontheistic

the catholic latinos lined up for Flake?

I am just stating that Latinos are pretty religious and are usually Catholic. Who knows whether they voted for Flake or not but they almost certainly won't vote for an atheist or Ward. If they stay home, Ward will win walking away.

I am left to wonder how Sinema solves this problem.

I’ve thought about that before Cville and talked about it with the gf a lot. I think non theism is more disqualifying. Which is absurd considering the percentage of Americans who identify as nontheistic

No, I thought about it first. And please, lower case "c".

Sinema is attractive as a woman and a candidate. Blue Dog and in the Problem Solvers Caucus. Voted against Pelosi. Has a hardluck working class story. Raised Mormon, went to BYU. Support from the US Chamber of Commerce.

Seems like a good candidate.

The death of the Blue Dogs in 2010 was the canary in the coal mine for the disaster that was 2016. It's almost as though the Pubs systematically pushed out the most reasonable, moderate Dems, then complained what was leftovers were too liberal and used that to elect a bunch of raging tea partiers.

Last edited:
with the rise of wingnut candidates and the proliferation of instant-media and the intrusion of foreign and domestic disinformation campaigns, maybe it's time to rethink how democracy works

What really matters is what they do when they are out. Do they vocally support reasonable/rational successors for their seats whether Democrat or Republican? Maybe they form their own party and gobble up the center? Or do they go quietly into the night and let the Republican party destroy America, i.e., complicity.

My guess is work as a lobbyist for a mega-corporation and use their connections to get insider deals and tax breaks for their employers

#theyareallscum

You bumped this old thread, yet you produced no information as to any potential sex tape(s) with Sinema and Aubrey Plaza?!? And no updates as to whether Sinema is still an atheist and a dyke? Extremely disappointing bump.

You bumped this old thread, yet you produced no information as to any potential sex tape(s) with Sinema and Aubrey Plaza?!? And no updates as to whether Sinema is still an atheist and a dyke? Extremely disappointing bump.

Back