• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State Game Time

With Griffis healthy, we can start Santino and let him run more than he did against Pitt. He had a couple of nice runs, one that was very physical and another where he made a perfect read/fake out of what looked like a read option. I suspect we didn't run him much considering the backup situation.

Louisville will always be the trashiest fans in the acc. Maryland can compete with them (good riddance) but its still Ls down in first
I went to the game in Louisville last year. The worst stadium I've ever been to. Worst fans I have ever experienced. The hillbillies came out in droves and they know NOTHING about football. They just yell and spit Skoal everywhere. Older adults f-bombing my son (19) and his gf (18) because they had Wake Forest shirts on just going to the concession stand. They have more fans than teeth. Asshats.

Louisville fans really, really suck.

Pitt was an unexpected dark horse of shitty fans since expansion too. Not Maryland per se, but not good either.
I don't have much first hand experience with Maryland fans (never been to a game there and they never had many fans at games in WS) but I can't imagine them being worse than PITT fans based on our experience at the ACCCG. They were all rude and foul and bigoted and ignorant.

I’ll have a soft spot in my heart for Louisville fans since they let me out of their stadium last year with as stunned a look on their faces as I had on mine after the 5837483rd turnover. I was expecting to get taunted mercilessly and beer thrown at my head, yet nobody said a single word. I suppose it truly was a game where the scoreboard said it all.

With Herbie calling Allegacy sleepy he's also calling W-S sleepy. Not enough action for him here. Fine.

Deacon fans should intentionally become as quiet as a graveyard on offense just to bring more attention to our disdain of Herbie's view of us. Would love to see a cheer from our cheer leaders for absolute quiet.

The only way to show Herbstreit anything is to beat FSU. And even then it was something he was saying could happen.

My favorite State fan story. A couple of years ago at the close game where we had a dominate last drive to eat up the clock 4 State fans were sitting next to me on the East side. The guy next to me was chatty and chummy at the beginning of the game. At the end of the game (after multiple beers) he walked out mumbling, "Buy f****ng tickets on the f****ng the visitor side and have to sit next to an f****ng Wake fan who doesn't shut up the whole game."

I considered it a badge of honor validating my effort in cheering the Deacs on.

Maryland fans slashed the tires of the WF team bus on their campus during the Josh Howard years

Hard to be shittier than that

Back