• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Flyover at State game

Yeah it was 2008, 2006 was the famous fumbled snap on the FG to put the game away that the late Gaines Adams returned for a TD.

Thanks! I couldn't remember which year, just remembered Clemson & it was a night game.

I remember thanking God that thing wasn't after me.

Army game flyover 2007.

332687258_4SP2d-XL-2.jpg

Hondo said:
98 -

AIR, that one at Navy Marine Corpes Stadium got several folks in a bit of trouble. I believe that pilot violated the pre-approved 'hard deck' for the fly-over by 500+ feet.

Anyone recall the very scary occasion at Groves circa '04 or maybe '05 when a Huey helicopter - which had previously landed on was on display in the student lot - took-off and rose behind the East stands, banked and flew toward/over the West side AND.... nearly clipped one of the then in place light towers ?

THAT was way too close !!!

Yes two were arrested after being forced to land by the FAA, saw it on the news that night. If it's the one I was thinking of they were all over the field taking pictures and such.. Real close to the stadium

It would also be a totally bush-league, chickenshit thing to do.

Protest is a great part of democracy, wouldn't you agree?

Or I guess I could just stop going to games and supporting the University that I love. That's also an option, I suppose.

Planes are starting to land at PTI... I took this from my front yard. This was actually the plane furthest away from me. The others were close!

I heard the air show has to stop a 2:00 PM. I'll be surprised if there is a flyover

I heard the air show has to stop a 2:00 PM. I'll be surprised if there is a flyover

Given that the actual air show begins around 2:00, I suspect you heard that Smith Reynolds will restrict traffic at this time.

I'm going to be stoked if the B-52 does an unofficial flyover during the game. I've never seen a plane that large in person.

Given that the actual air show begins around 2:00, I suspect you heard that Smith Reynolds will restrict traffic at this time.

Flying starts at 11:15 am according to ws air show site

Protest is a great part of democracy, wouldn't you agree?

Or I guess I could just stop going to games and supporting the University that I love. That's also an option, I suppose.

It would be classless and an embarrassment to the University. And yes you have that option and some would like for you to exercise it.

The rumor going around the stadium yesterday was that there would be a fly over and/or a parachutist. I saw a couple of jets flying in tandem and flying real close to the hard deck. Maybe???

So I've read that CIVILIAN air traffic is to stop at 2:30 and that the B-2 is gonna still be around at 3:30 at the airshow. The only other active military aircraft that are supposed to be at the airshow according to the website are the F-18 (static display), B-52 (flyovers), B-2 (flyovers) and a couple of helos. And there is a special parachute team performing there also. Would be interested to see what happens now with the restrictions. Guess this rules out the F-104's doing a flyover.

Oh and the flying at the airshow starts at 10:00 am I believe.

Back