• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Deacs in the NFL

That’s a tough call. 12 is good for Wake maybe the most we’ve had at one time but not for a P5 program. With 32 teams and 53 roster spots the average FBS program from Alabama to Charlotte has 13. Duke and Vandy have 14.

That’s a tough call. 12 is good for Wake maybe the most we’ve had at one time but not for a P5 program. With 32 teams and 53 roster spots the average FBS program from Alabama to Charlotte has 13. Duke and Vandy have 14.

this site is probably imperfect, but ESPN lists players per ACC school:

BC 14
Clemson 28
Duke 12
FSU 21
GT 9
Louisville 7
Miami 23
NCSU 16
UNC 16
Pitt 16
Syracuse 9
UVA 9
VT 21
WF 12

(ESPN lists Vandy at 8)

can't edit, but ESPN actually lists 11 Deacs, excluding Bassey

I wouldn’t think recruits would be counting the number so much as just seeing we definitely have an NFL presence.

I wouldn’t think recruits would be counting the number so much as just seeing we definitely have an NFL presence.

The average 16 year old recruit would see those guys on the video board and wonder who the hell they are. It's not like we'd be showing Derrick Henry highlights.

Saw this in some NFL news...both Bachman and Roberson in for a workout with the Bears.....

Chicago Bears

Bears worked out QB Kurt Benkert, LB Andre Anthony, DB Blessuan Austin, WR Alex Bachman, DE Ronald Blair, WR Matt Cole, WR Kaden Davis, DE Tim Harris, NT Donovan Jeter, OT Michael Niese, WR Jaquarii Roberson, WR Reggie Roberson, and OL Josh Seltzner

The average 16 year old recruit would see those guys on the video board and wonder who the hell they are. It's not like we'd be showing Derrick Henry highlights.

That would be true for most schools. So I still think it’s better to show that we do send players to the pros.

Great news. Steelers have adept at developing receivers.

From a Giants blog on Bachman:

Richard Korngut asks: What is the chance that the Giants can bring back Alex Bachman? Especially if Slayton is traded or released? He had a great preseason.

Ed says: Richard, like I said in the answer above, anything is possible. He has not been picked up by anyone. The Giants could have brought him back already and chose instead to add wide receivers C.J. Board and Jaylon Moore to the practice squad — players they obviously think add more value.

Bachman had a nice preseason. Still, he is a fourth-year guy who has never been able to really advance past the practice squad. This is now the third coaching staff that has judged him as not good enough to be part of the roster. I know he’s a fairly popular player, but I’m not sure how much more evidence anyone needs to realize that he’s just not good enough to be more than what we have already seen. He can be a practice squad guy/emergency fill-in. That’s all

this site is probably imperfect, but ESPN lists players per ACC school:

BC 14
Clemson 28
Duke 12
FSU 21
GT 9
Louisville 7
Miami 23
NCSU 16
UNC 16
Pitt 16
Syracuse 9
UVA 9
VT 21
WF 12

(ESPN lists Vandy at 8)

I’ll check that out later. I use Our Lads which seems to have updated rosters and depth charts.

I still have no idea why Zach Tom fell so far in the draft

He seemed to check every box, and already looks the part for GB

NFL teams get obsessed with measurables and he played at about 300 pounds -- I think some were concerned with whether he'd still be agile/nimble after putting on the weight they wanted him to gain.

Think it's safe to say the league overthought that one.

He didn't check the 6-6 box. He didn't check the 325+ box. So lots of GMs passed.

Boogie batted a Stafford pass to himself, got the pick, and returned it 20 yards. Great play!

Last edited:
Boards were down during it but rough CFL debut for Jamie Newman on Labor Day. Got yanked, only points the mighty Hamilton Tiger-Cats managed were a defensive TD and a rouge

Dortch led the way on targets, receptions, and receiving yards for the Cardinals today!

Phil Haynes playing but having a rough night for Seattle. Two holding penalties so far in the first half.

Back