• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Deacs in the NFL

On Sunday, the Wolford-led Rams scored 23 on the Seahawks and had the ball with a chance to win. The Baker-led Rams have 3 points. This is the same situation the Bucs were in on Monday night, but Baker ain't Brady.

On the bright side, Masterson has 3 tackles.

Deja vu all over again last 4 minutes of the game trailing 16-3 to win 17-16. Impressive, most impressive.

So two players from last year's horrific defense started in Week 14. Taylor made a 3rd down play against Tyreke Hill.

Taylor repped Wake in the intro.

Last edited:
So two players from last year's horrific defense started in Week 14. Taylor made a 3rd down play against Tyreke Hill.

Taylor repped Wake in the intro.
It’s baffling how that D was SO bad with all of this NFL success. I know we fired the DC, but that was/is a whole defensive side of the ball (including head coach) fiasco at this point.

We've had players with more college success who didn't make the Week 1 active roster as a rookie. I wouldn't be surprised if another player or two from the 2021 defense make it to the league either.

Taylor had 3 tackles, 2 asts.

Last edited:
It’s baffling how that D was SO bad with all of this NFL success. I know we fired the DC, but that was/is a whole defensive side of the ball (including head coach) fiasco at this point.
I really think it is and was largely an issue of depth and scheme (not necessarily in that order). I remember watching the D early last year with a healthy Greer and thinking it looked pretty good. We have had a handful of very talented players on that side of the ball throughout Clawson's time. The issue is not necessarily at the star level, but with the 2 and 3 deep on the rotation which is why it's most prominent at the end of the season. For example the drop from Perry to Grimes is not nearly as far as the drop from Carson to Jermal Martin.

Feels like in the past, Clawson has been really critical of missed assignments and giving up explosive plays. This year, his comments were more directed at technique and bad play (esp. by defensive backs) than I can ever recall before.

Probably hurt it looking over his shoulder after they picked up Baker.

This Cards Vs. Broncos match up is the Wake Bowl. Strnad, Bassey, and Dortch.

Spoke with the brother of the special teams coach for the Cardinals about Dortch. He said it’s just hard to find him any playing time when you have four former first rounders in front of him. And to not feel bad for head coaches when they get canned due to payouts, instead it sucks for the special teams/WR/RB coaches etc who may get relegated to low level gigs (which is true).

Part of that tells me that the organization goes off of draft picks and not talent. AJ Green (while not Dortch position) just isn’t getting it done.

This Cards Vs. Broncos match up is the Wake Bowl. Strnad, Bassey, and Dortch.

Spoke with the brother of the special teams coach for the Cardinals about Dortch. He said it’s just hard to find him any playing time when you have four former first rounders in front of him. And to not feel bad for head coaches when they get canned due to payouts, instead it sucks for the special teams/WR/RB coaches etc who may get relegated to low level gigs (which is true).

Part of that tells me that the organization goes off of draft picks and not talent. AJ Green (while not Dortch position) just isn’t getting it done.
Masterson has 10 tackles so far today!

Zac Tom getting praise from the announcers for stepping in at left tackle and for his versatility, being able to play anywhere on the line. .

Rams could use Sciba. He would make extra points. Their kicker can't reach the end zone on kick offs.

Back