• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Deacs in the NFL

Heads up play by Scotty Washington. I was really confused because I forgot he went from the Bengals to the Pats. Meyers beat Bates for that TD too. I'm sure Washington will mention that to Bates many times.

I think this is Washington's first game on an active roster. No receptions but he has a tip for a TD.

Last edited:
awesome didn’t realize scotty made the active roster. was this his debut?

I think so. I can't find any evidence he's recorded a snap.

Having so many Deacs in the league that root against them is a good problem to have.

Yeah. Based on his interviews at Wake, he seemed destined for coaching or broadcasting.

First time I've seen Dortch on intros this year and he claims his high school. Any particular reason why? Mike Tirico referenced Wake after his first catch.

They’ve got Dortch lined up in the backfield just handing him the ball.

The Cardinals went from so deep at WR that Dortch couldn’t see the field to Dortch being the only WR with a reception at the half on Christmas Day.

He has 5 catches for 64 yards. Conner and an LB on a fake punt have the only other receptions.

Dortch has 8 catches for 82 yards and 3 carries for 25 yards. This is his second game with 100 yards from scrimmage.

First time I've seen Dortch on intros this year and he claims his high school. Any particular reason why? Mike Tirico referenced Wake after his first catch.
Sometimes guys do it as a nod to their hometowns. Greg is really proud to be from VA, so the mention is a bigger deal for the kids from his HS than it is for Wake. We’re gonna get the mention eventually, like Mike Tirico did later, but it’s not often that this high school is going to get free name placement on an NFL Christmas Day game. #spreadingthelove

Dortch finished with 10 catches for 98 yards. He got tripped up on his only missed target.

Mentioning your high school occasionally or on the reg is fairly normal these days, but it was a novelty and sort of a big deal when the Steeler's Willie Parker did it back in the mid-2000's. He was very vocal about his disdain for the coaches at UNC and how they mishandled his career, including not getting off the bench on Senior Day with multiple friends and family members in attendance in a comfortable Hole win over Duke.

Back