• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Deacs in the NFL

Bates with 9 tackles, i for a loss and Boogie with 5 tackles, 1 for loss, and a sack. Go Deacs.
One of Bates' tackles saved the touchdown just before the Bengals 98 yard fumble return TD. He came all the way across the field and knocked the ball carrier out of bounds on the two.

I also think Whiteheart has a chance to be a late round draft pick, at worst UDFA. Nya, Maginn, and Nash should make it to camps.

I also think Whiteheart has a chance to be a late round draft pick, at worst UDFA. Nya, Maginn, and Nash should make it to camps.
I wonder if Purdy's success in SF will have more GM's grabbing QB's in the 7th round. The cap implications of having a QB on a five year 7th round deal instead of a 1 or 2 year UDFA contract with bump to standard backup QB contract in year 3, are huge for cap if the QB is any good. Could have a big impact on guys like Whiteheart who might be 7th round guys.

Boogie almost had a game-changing play. Burrow threw the ball right at his face mask.

He’s incredibly active. Not sure why he isn’t in 90% of defensive plays

He’s incredibly active. Not sure why he isn’t in 90% of defensive plays
curious to hear a Bills fan's take

whenever I watch him he seems undersized out there and gets pushed around a good bit -- only two sacks on the year

Don't have an obscene amount of talent on their defensive line too? They've spent a ton of draft capital there in the pat few years.

kinda related: I don't know football well enough -- or watch the Bengals enough -- to tell you why Bates is considered one of the better safeties in the league

doesn't have a very eye-catching game to the casual fan

but I'm glad he's doing well

Distance. His leg is accurate but not that strong. The pros want both
Exactly. Every NFL coach is searching for a kicker who can make a field goal from the kickoff spot. They would settle for the next Justin Tucker.

He's not officially there yet, but AT got good press day one of his next step. Apparently Wake's offense is now "simplistic."
From The Athletic:

A.T. Perry, Wake Forest
Perry loaded up the box score at Wake Forest and had a productive first day in Las Vegas. The simplistic offense the Demon Deacons ran made Perry’s route periods one to watch. He displayed a good amount of polish with his route depths and ability to sink on breaking routes that will only help his stock. Perry’s long speed will continue to be questioned until the combine or his pro day. His ball skills, length and ability to beat press were on display Saturday. He was the quarterbacks’ go-to guy throughout the day.

More good press for Perry and Whiteheart.

A.T. Perry, WR, Wake Forest​

If there was a single player who really stood out and had a wow performance during the first day of Shrine Bowl practice, it was A.T. Perry. He was dominant in every way.

Perry separated from opponents through his route running, physically beat them down to make the reception, and caught everything thrown in his direction. In a nutshell, Perry could not be covered.

Blake Whiteheart, TE, Wake Forest​

Blake Whiteheart looked solid as both a blocker and pass catcher. He fights hard with his hands to separate from defenders, found ways to get free, and made several nice receptions. He’s not the greatest athlete but showed enough ability to get looks as a third tight end on a depth chart.

As for the pass catchers, Wake Forest's A.T. Perry was the most difficult to defend, displaying natural athleticism and consistent hands.

2. A.T. Perry WR, Wake Forest

Flowers is undersized at around 5’10, 180 lb. but A.T. Perry has the size to make NFL players look small at 6’5, 205 lb.

He has the physicality to work through contact in his route and to make life miserable for the defensive backs that try to bring him down. Obviously, he has some flaws and needs refinement but he has the size and physicality to get on the field and make plays early in his career even if he isn’t a finished product.

Perry mocked at #48 to the Packers in The Athletic.

Back