• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football practice report

There is no question about Radford's academic aptitude, but the NCAA had a question about the classfication of his core classes at his HS.

Okay. Can I ask the obvious here?

Is this kind of horse shit scrutiny of high school classifications occurring at Alabama, Florida, LSU, Texas and Ohio State? Or, are we just scared shitless over this whole culture lie and self-reporting every damn thing under the sun?

Was Grobe wearing a sweatshirt in the lovely 90 degree weather?

He wasn't on Friday. Neon shoes though.

Any word on yesterday's practice?

Nothing substantial but apparently we have more energy and look as good as we have in a long time through two practices. The staff is very pleased so far.

They did look pretty far along on Friday. I plan on attending tomorrow to check them out again. Hopefully there will be full contact.

He wasn't on Friday. Neon shoes though.

Nothing substantial but apparently we have more energy and look as good as we have in a long time through two practices. The staff is very pleased so far.

They did look pretty far along on Friday. I plan on attending tomorrow to check them out again. Hopefully there will be full contact.

Thanks

I'd be pretty surprised if Gibson is the starter when all the dust settles.

Sans Jroc I think Martin is the most dynamic guy we have. I think Orville is the fastest by far but I don't think we have the O-line to protect him (or really anyone).

But we are recommitting to the running game this year, according to Grobe.

Only The Lord knows what that means.

So what will this new running game be? I assume it'll be our misdirection attack, which was great.

Only The Lord knows what that means.

It means that we will abandon the offense that we work all offseason on about 4 games into the season, and then go with a new "offense of the week" every game or two after that.

I assume you mean Tyler Cameron the QB. If his shoulder heals well then he will push Thompson for the backup QB spot pretty hard this fall.

agreed. Do we have dates, locations, and times of the scrimmages this year?

From the Sunday Journal, for what it's worth:

"Grobe remains convinced that with better blocking and a more reliable receiving corps, Price can do what he’ll be asked to do in his final season. The Deacons are banking on a more formidable running game to help solve the offensive woes of last season, when their nickel-and-dime passing attack produced next to nothing over the second half of the season."

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/football/article_01d3d060-fca0-11e2-a8c2-001a4bcf6878.html

I feel nickel and dimed.

From the Sunday Journal, for what it's worth:

"Grobe remains convinced that with better blocking and a more reliable receiving corps, Price can do what he’ll be asked to do in his final season. The Deacons are banking on a more formidable running game to help solve the offensive woes of last season, when their nickel-and-dime passing attack produced next to nothing over the second half of the season."

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/football/article_01d3d060-fca0-11e2-a8c2-001a4bcf6878.html

Back