• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FOOTBALL SPRING PRACTICE Megathread

We had 16 or 17 OL on last year's roster, almost all over 300 lbs. I doubt depth is a problem. Seems like DL get moved to OL and then we complain about not having enough depth and size on the DL. It's a frustrating cycle, especially since both units are still weaknesses.

Very true

Here's a report, but would love to get some first hand comments/insights from someone who went to practice. Anyone???

Here's few choice quotes from Grobe.............

"They've been used to sleeping in and living the high life so, I think being in full pads, it got a little steamy today"

"I think Tommy Bohanon is really doing some good things, and what we're doing right now is mixing the tight ends and fullbacks - they've all got to do a little bit of the same stuff," Grobe said. "What I really like is the way Tommy is catching the football, he did that pretty good last year and we're going to try and get him the ball some."

(I would love to see TBo have a great senior season.............blocking, catching, rushing, scoring, all of the above)

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032012aaa.html

Here's a report, but would love to get some first hand comments/insights from someone who went to practice. Anyone???

Here's few choice quotes from Grobe.............

"They've been used to sleeping in and living the high life so, I think being in full pads, it got a little steamy today"

"I think Tommy Bohanon is really doing some good things, and what we're doing right now is mixing the tight ends and fullbacks - they've all got to do a little bit of the same stuff," Grobe said. "What I really like is the way Tommy is catching the football, he did that pretty good last year and we're going to try and get him the ball some."

(I would love to see TBo have a great senior season.............blocking, catching, rushing, scoring, all of the above)

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032012aaa.html

I'm a big Bohanon fan, gotten to talk to him a few times and he's just a great kid. I would really love to see him have a big senior season too.

"The Demon Deacon offense looked crisp after a sluggish start, running through 80 plays and scoring two touchdowns against just one turnover in 13 drives."

2 TDs in 13 possessions? The Lobo offense is already in mid-season form.

Apparently, Billings was holding back the defense.

But seriously, 80 plays in 13 drives with 2 TDs seems pretty poor. Just over 6 plays per drive.

Looks like a weird scrimmages. Tanner started out 1-8 but finished 16-22. Grobe was pretty specific that Tanner was the only QB who did anything: ""The offense made some plays today, which they can do anytime 10 is back there,"

Would love to have some word on Sousa.

This was weird:
The lone interception of game for Price came when cornerback Kevin Johnson tipped the ball to Nikita Whitlock, who grabbed the ball and sprinted 87 yards for a touchdown.

I'd be real curious to know in what coverage a CB tips the ball to the DT who is in enough open field to go 87 yards (unless the O wasn't tackling the D). My guess is a CB blitz and Nikita was already in the backfield.

5 sacks for a DL that is pretty suspect doesn't bode well for the new OL.

"The Demon Deacon offense looked crisp after a sluggish start, running through 80 plays and scoring two touchdowns against just one turnover in 13 drives."

2 TDs in 13 possessions? The Lobo offense is already in mid-season form.

Dear God, our athletic dept is a spin machine.

Word on the street is that Hunt and Chubb looked good at ILB, and their future there may be one reason we moved Justin Jackson to OLB.

They said that they tried to make a first down a number of times when they would have normally settled for a field goal. Hence the few scores by the offense.

Apparently, Billings was holding back the defense.

But seriously, 80 plays in 13 drives with 2 TDs seems pretty poor. Just over 6 plays per drive.

Looks like a weird scrimmages. Tanner started out 1-8 but finished 16-22. Grobe was pretty specific that Tanner was the only QB who did anything: ""The offense made some plays today, which they can do anytime 10 is back there,"

Would love to have some word on Sousa.

This was weird:
The lone interception of game for Price came when cornerback Kevin Johnson tipped the ball to Nikita Whitlock, who grabbed the ball and sprinted 87 yards for a touchdown.

I'd be real curious to know in what coverage a CB tips the ball to the DT who is in enough open field to go 87 yards (unless the O wasn't tackling the D). My guess is a CB blitz and Nikita was already in the backfield.

5 sacks for a DL that is pretty suspect doesn't bode well for the new OL.

Doesn't that mean he went 15 out of his last 14 passes? That's pretty good!!!

No. He went 17-30 total. Started 1-8. Finished 16-22.

Photos from Saturday's Scrimmage

Scrimmage photo gallery

Scrimmage photo slideshow

Tanner-Price-L.jpg

Coach Himebauch

Coach-Himebauch-01-L.jpg

Sherman Ragland

Sherman-Ragland-catch-and-run-L.jpg

Michael Campanaro

Michael-Campanaro-catch-and-L.jpg

Orville Reynolds

Orville-Reynolds-run-01-L.jpg