• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FOOTBALL SPRING PRACTICE Megathread

5 sacks for a DL that is pretty suspect doesn't bode well for the new OL.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions, especially about the first scrimmage of spring practice. When a defensive player just touches the QB in a scrimmage, that constitutes a "sack." Also, lots of linemen and QBs played against different combinations of defenders. It was not Price who took all 5 "sacks" while protected by the first string OL.

It's true that the OL is young and inexperienced. But they have good size and they look well coached by new OL Coach Himebauch. Let's be patient and give them a chance to develop before September.

Coach Duffie looks like a younger, blacker version of Coach Grobe: similar builds, similar noses, similar large ear lobes. They probably sound alike too.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions, especially about the first scrimmage of spring practice. When a defensive player just touches the QB in a scrimmage, that constitutes a "sack." Also, lots of linemen and QBs played against different combinations of defenders. It was not Price who took all 5 "sacks" while protected by the first string OL.

It's true that the OL is young and inexperienced. But they have good size and they look well coached by new OL Coach Himebauch. Let's be patient and give them a chance to develop before September.

I have a feeling that our new OL coach is going to make a huge difference.

Do we have dates for the next scrimmages? I am going to try to get out there and check them out. I think it is safe to reserve judgement on them till summer scrimmages though.

Good point about the touch sacks.

Only a brief mention of Harris. I ran into him and Cheyenne at the driving range one day over spring break, and he did not seem very confident. I really hope he seizes the opportunity he has this season.

Seen pictures of him playing golf, must be getting up on Tiger's neice now.

Tanner has certainly changed. Look at the pictures from when he first enrolled to the one above and people gave him so much crap but he was still just a kid.

You would think the quality coaching here would know that. Oh, wait!

Bohanon punishes tacklers. I really hope we see him with the ball in his hands at a dead run next year. There was too little of that last year.

Agree. We need all the depth we can get.

That news hurts. Young guys absolutely need to step up because having two new tackles is going to lead to some rough times ahead.

Im trying to remember from years past, when can we expect a spring depth chart?

Does anyone have any info on why Cameron is in a sling? Second shoulder surgery on his throwing shoulder...bad memories of Stachitis health problems.

Last edited:
The Chase news does stink. We needed that experience.

Dagnabit, that Grobe and piece of sheet Bz kicking kids off the teams for no good reason!!!!

"The problem I have as a coach is I'm the king of second chances," Grobe said. "And I basically am never surprised when a kid makes a mistake. It's just when you make too many mistakes, now come on.

"If you're on my lists all the time, then eventually I've got to say something, or do something. We try to go the extra mile and give them as much care and understanding as we possibly can, but sometimes it's better for a kid and sometimes it's better for the team if you go in another direction."

Just ruining kids! It's just up in smoke arseholes!

Dagnabit, that Grobe and piece of sheet Bz kicking kids off the teams for no good reason!!!!

"The problem I have as a coach is I'm the king of second chances," Grobe said. "And I basically am never surprised when a kid makes a mistake. It's just when you make too many mistakes, now come on.

"If you're on my lists all the time, then eventually I've got to say something, or do something. We try to go the extra mile and give them as much care and understanding as we possibly can, but sometimes it's better for a kid and sometimes it's better for the team if you go in another direction."

Just ruining kids! It's just up in smoke arseholes!

Sarcasm noted.

And how many of us would have our boys play for Grobe if given the chance? The vast majority, I gather.

Back