• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football - Wake at Louisville on ESPNU

The cowbells were easier to tune out as background noise than the constant "C-A-R-D-S...CARDS!"
Ever think what opposing fans might of thought of our guy who wore a jersey, tie dye, cape, top hat, ear muffs, armbands, wristbands, weight lifting gloves, beads, high socks, a cravat, etc.?

Not our fanbase. Sankey, McPherson, Skinner, and Price ended up being better than the starters they backed up. That's our most successful QBs over the last 15 seasons.

Sankey wasn't better than Kuklick. He was a good qb, but Brian was better. Ben's surrounding cast was better in 99.

Kuklick couldn't hold Rusty off. Sankey didn't have Thabiti Davis. Our QB play those years was underwhelming considering our WR talent.

Kuklick couldn't hold Rusty off. Sankey didn't have Thabiti Davis. Our QB play those years was underwhelming considering our WR talent.

Nope. Kuklick won the starting job as a sophomore and then broke his arm. That is how Rusty got the job back as a sr.

Are you really going to argue with me about this?

Ever think what opposing fans might of thought of our guy who wore a jersey, tie dye, cape, top hat, ear muffs, armbands, wristbands, weight lifting gloves, beads, high socks, a cravat, etc.?

They usually just threw shit or spit on me at a couple places.

Bonafon hasn't been playing QB that long. He didn't start for his high school team (Trinity, in Louisville) until his senior year. Add to that the incredible weakness that is Louisville's offensive line and our defense has a chance, if we're opportunistic. That said, I think UofL rolls.

Bonafon hasn't been playing QB that long. He didn't start for his high school team (Trinity, in Louisville) until his senior year. Add to that the incredible weakness that is Louisville's offensive line and our defense has a chance, if we're opportunistic. That said, I think UofL rolls.

So we can expect some stellar Oline play tomorrow from both teams.

Were you there? I think they were a little bit, but that may have just been me.

Yes I was at both games. Granted the cowbells were more recent, but I don't remember being bothered by fans yelling at the Orange Bowl...

Holy hell they were obnoxious. Assholes were banging them everywhere in the city all damn day and night.

The Cowbells were WAY more obnoxious than anything the UL fans were doing. I literally wanted to grab some and throw them in the river.

while I too felt really close to snapping and throwing cowbells off the bridge.

Anyway, I look forward to making a trip to Louisville for a future game. Went for a wedding a couple years ago and had a lot of fun in the city.

Holy hell they were obnoxious. Assholes were banging them everywhere in the city all damn day and night.

Actual quote yelled by tsy to a MSU fan who was carrying a bell in the liquor store after the game.

"Did you find your fucking cow yet?"

Most people that are not from Louisville are unaware as to how much big city life is crammed into our modest little metro. The stigma of living in a backward state doesn't help. I am always up to spread a little enlightenment, besides it is a waste of a trip to not enjoy and experience the places that you're visiting.

I have heard great things about the town from anyone who has actually been there. Great food and booze town (two of my favorite things). My sister is running in the bourbon chase down there in a couple of weeks. I think it's a 10 person relay Louisville to Lexington. Sounds neat.

Actual quote yelled by tsy to a MSU fan who was carrying a bell in the liquor store after the game.

"Did you find your fucking cow yet?"

Still one of my favorite stories on here ever.

I was in RARE form that night. A combination of antibiotics for a sinus infection that clearly stated "DO NOT TAKE WITH ALCOHOL", coupled with lots and lots of booze made things interesting.

I had a flashback the other day to a famous clip of you numbers. Do you know you busting out the sweet dance moves is still on youtube?

The cowbells compounded on a gutless performance by Chris Givens that left a sour taste in my mouth for the game.

Nope. Kuklick won the starting job as a sophomore and then broke his arm. That is how Rusty got the job back as a sr.

Are you really going to argue with me about this?

This is 100% correct. Was the Tulane game in 95. I was there- but only because I was already in New Orleans visiting friends.

I was in RARE form that night. A combination of antibiotics for a sinus infection that clearly stated "DO NOT TAKE WITH ALCOHOL", coupled with lots and lots of booze made things interesting.

I had a flashback the other day to a famous clip of you numbers. Do you know you busting out the sweet dance moves is still on youtube?

Lol yeah I still get into arguments with friends on whether or not I hit my head or if I tucked my neck in time. I maintain I may have nicked it but couldn't have hit it too hard since I didn't have a knot or a headache (associated with the fall) the next day.

Lol yeah I still get into arguments with friends on whether or not I hit my head or if I tucked my neck in time. I maintain I may have nicked it but couldn't have hit it too hard since I didn't have a knot or a headache (associated with the fall) the next day.

Can you send me the link again? IIRC, your head came awfully close to my nerf bar.

I have heard great things about the town from anyone who has actually been there. Great food and booze town (two of my favorite things). My sister is running in the bourbon chase down there in a couple of weeks. I think it's a 10 person relay Louisville to Lexington. Sounds neat.

I think it's Bardstown to Lexington, but I'm not entirely sure. I just show up at the end and act like I accomplished something as well. There's a smallish festival at the finish line.

Back