• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Foothills (Poll), also discussion on DT Winston-Salem Bars

What do you think of Foothills?

• Total voters
If I need a TV, a meal and some beers and I'm downtown; I go to the Crab Shack.

Their food isn't 5 star but you can't go wrong splitting a seafood bucket and getting some crab dip. Not to mention that have real people beers, not Foothills' meh stuff. And there TV situation is much better.

That being said, I voted "its alright".

If you can't find a beer there you like, I don't know what to tell you. They almost always have a seasonal, or for me, the Seeing Double, that I can drink and enjoy myself. I don't like the food there, and trivia is pretty meh, but it's decent. Not a spot I'd go for late night or even spend a good session at, but a pretty decent stop for a beer. I also voted "it's alright."

Natty Greene's kinda sucks imo. I always skip their tent at the avl beerfests

Honest assessment of Foothill's. They have some "ok" offerings. They have no world-beaters in the lineup, but I don't think that's a fair expectations. Their flagship beers, for the most part, are not very good. I love the look, space, and layout of the place itself which makes their shortcomings as a brewery even more disappointing. Their food, it seems we all agree, is not good at all. Even the fans of Foothill's are giving reviews like "it gets the job done". It is the brewery equivalent of keg beer at a frat party. It's not good, but it's here and I have fun with it. I just think Winston AND Salem can do better.

so far, the majority of pollsters believe that foothills is mediocre at best.

Foothills has gotten way better since the early years, but I agree the food isn't standout and the beers aren't anything I buy in the store over other options.

When I'm at Foothills at night I probably order bourbon like 75% of the time. Then I try to figure out how to convince everyone to go somewhere else.

I like their beer and their food. Very surprised to see such negative reviews of their food options. I go there weekly for trivia, and most of my group eats dinner, though I've usually already eaten before 9pm. I enjoy their fish & chips, pimento cheese & bacon sandwich, southwest steak wrap, buffalo chicken wrap, black bean burger, beer cheese, good salads, and ostrich burger.

I am a fan of their seasonals and Jade IPA, but I find most of the year round offerings middling. Nothing from their selections that I'd turn down, but I would not choose a Foothills beer at another bar with wider range of options nor am I likely to buy their bottles. I think the only time I've bought Foothills outside of the pub is at a Dash game.

Maybe I'm somehow biased based on so many other negative reviews of all their offerings, I don't know. Curious what meals people have had that were "terrible" and also what you are expecting from a brewpub's food menu.

I go a few times a year. I can always find beer and food there that's enjoyable.

Favorite regular offering is the porter.

Opera>>>>all other bars

If I was to go for craft, obviously would choose Rec over Foothills. Although, I do respect Foothills as it was one of the initial places to introduce me to craft beers.

Opera>>>>all other bars

If I was to go for craft, obviously would choose Rec over Foothills. Although, I do respect Foothills as it was one of the initial places to introduce me to craft beers.

Except for rec has changed for the worse now too.

I think saying the food sucks is a bit of an exaggeration. It's pretty standard pub fare and some things are rly good (pickle chips!). They really only fail for the homemade ketchup that isn't good at all.

Back