• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Foothills (Poll), also discussion on DT Winston-Salem Bars

What do you think of Foothills?

• Total voters
Yeah, it's not really my bag, but it should be a nice place for the youngish, hipster crowd. I think they were trying to get some affiliation as a fan crew watch spot or some shit for USMNT soccer and the concept of smaller batches in more unique flavors is an attractive one.

Damn, I leave Winston and they finally build me a soccer bar.

Of course.

nothing beats the looks you get when you walk into Gatsby's if you're not a regular

I was just talking with ipity and kickball the other day about Gatsby's, saying we should go there sometime just to check out all the bars we've never visited. Second & Green Tavern is another one I've never visited and don't know who has - anyone here been there? Gatsby's looks like a place I would not be welcomed if I walked in, and it sounds like you are confirming that. (but we said we should do another beer run, you in?)

I wanna check out Gatsby's too, preferably when they're doing Karaoke.

I was just talking with ipity and kickball the other day about Gatsby's, saying we should go there sometime just to check out all the bars we've never visited. Second & Green Tavern is another one I've never visited and don't know who has - anyone here been there? Gatsby's looks like a place I would not be welcomed if I walked in, and it sounds like you are confirming that. (but we said we should do another beer run, you in?)

Gatsby's should definitely be visited. You just get drunk at Old Winston and Burke St and then go to Gatsby's for jagerbombs, then gtfo

I hear Second and Green is a solid neighborhood bar

I wanna check out Gatsby's too, preferably when they're doing Karaoke.

shit we should just do a bar crawl solely on Burke St. Not even a bar crawl, just "going out to bars on Burke St"

If you go to Gatsby's and don't sing at least one song of karaoke, you're doing it wrong

If you go to Gatsby's and don't sing at least one song of karaoke, you're doing it wrong

I've always wanted to get a group for karaoke and just put names in a hat and then everyone puts a random song in the hat and you draw to see who sings what

shit we should just do a bar crawl solely on Burke St. Not even a bar crawl, just "going out to bars on Burke St"

anyone been to Brewskis on Burke? looked like an immediate failure to me almost just from the dumb name. I went once to whatever the previous spot there was, ten oh one or whatever, and it was lame. Weird considering Burke Street is obviously a hot place with Old Winston and people like Hawk who like Burke Street Pub. ;) I guess it is just a wee bit too far up the road.

I've always wanted to get a group for karaoke and just put names in a hat and then everyone puts a random song in the hat and you draw to see who sings what

That would be awesome. Might have to steal that idea from you...

anyone been to Brewskis on Burke? looked like an immediate failure to me almost just from the dumb name. I went once to whatever the previous spot there was, ten oh one or whatever, and it was lame. Weird considering Burke Street is obviously a hot place with Old Winston and people like Hawk who like Burke Street Pub. ;) I guess it is just a wee bit too far up the road.

I think most bars in that spot have failed.

I also went to the previous iteration and there was a cover charge. lolwut

this sounds awesome. i've always watned to do karaoke, but most of the groups i go out with would not be fun to do it with; you need other loud, fun, drunk, bad singers for it to be a good time.

I think most bars in that spot have failed.

I also went to the previous iteration and there was a cover charge. lolwut

wasn't the previous iteration a salsa dance bar? or was that 2 previous iterations? regardless HTTD likes to salsa dance

That would be awesome. Might have to steal that idea from you...

this sounds awesome. i've always watned to do karaoke, but most of the groups i go out with would not be fun to do it with; you need other loud, fun, drunk, bad singers for it to be a good time.

that's the key, everyone has to be into it. I thought of it a few years back when we were playing Rock Band and a buddy tried to sing Faith No More's "Epic" and was just awful at it, like he'd never heard the song before

DeacHawk clearly got the idea from "Say What? Karaoke" which is my favorite MTV show of all time

went there over the summer and the guys had just bought it and said they had no idea what they were doing. Had like 5 taps and all were pretty solid

edit: First Street is the clear choice for beer selection and pub food though

Also excited about The Quiet Pint, the new place opening across from Twin City Diner.

Back