• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Found Anything Yet, RJ...Shoo?

great, then she doesn't need to be the front page of the New York Times for three days running.

and i don't "watch" any news because there isn't anything worth watching, as best i can tell. i'm referring to coverage from WP, NYT and Politico. And i'm a huge fan of NYT and Politico.

great, then she doesn't need to be the front page of the New York Times for three days running.

and i don't "watch" any news because there isn't anything worth watching, as best i can tell. i'm referring to coverage from WP, NYT and Politico. And i'm a huge fan of NYT and Politico.

No way she beat out Weiner's weiner for the front page!

That was poorly worded.

Talking about the fact that on Friday afternoon both the New York Times and Washington Post were soliciting readers to review the Palin documents and help the papers flag items of interest--and many media outlets were rushing to post everything online. NYT actually liveblogged the papers being read/reported on. breathless coverage of 24,000 pages, mostly about--as Politico notes, "the mundane business of government."

this a few weeks after the national media literally chased her bus around teh eastern seaboard.

who's the stupid one here? enough already.

I guess. E-mails sent and received by a popular public figure were released. Two privately owned corporations came up with a way to use the release to get more web hits to their site to in order to increase profits in a slumping industry. That's more a product of capitalism than the "evil librul media".

And if the national media didn't follow her around the eastern seaboard, the same people who complain about the media coverage would have complained that the librul media was biased against Palin and "real Americans". And dare I make the same point again, it's coverage that people wanted to see that helps the bottom line of these media conglomerates.

No offense, Shot, but it seems like you're blowing this out of proportion.

I guess. E-mails sent and received by a popular public figure were released. Two privately owned corporations came up with a way to use the release to get more web hits to their site to in order to increase profits in a slumping industry. That's more a product of capitalism than the "evil librul media".

And if the national media didn't follow her around the eastern seaboard, the same people who complain about the media coverage would have complained that the librul media was biased against Palin and "real Americans". And dare I make the same point again, it's coverage that people wanted to see that helps the bottom line of these media conglomerates.

No offense, Shot, but it seems like you're blowing this out of proportion.

Agree 100% with all of this post.

Its funny how desperate the MSM are to trash Palin.

She's dumb and harmless. Leave her be.

I agree that this story is stretching to attack Palin individually. But I disagree with your second point.

Dumb? Yes. Harmless? I'm not so sure.

Not in a "do no harm" physician sort of way.
Not in an advancing the discourse sort of way.

In fact, I'd argue she has done more harm to her party and to American politics than almost any mainstream politician in recent memory. Her glaring weaknesses should not be ignored or "left alone" lest we elect another leader on hype and glam alone.

I agree that this story is stretching to attack Palin individually. But I disagree with your second point.

Dumb? Yes. Harmless? I'm not so sure.

Not in a "do no harm" physician sort of way.
Not in an advancing the discourse sort of way.

In fact, I'd argue she has done more harm to her party and to American politics than almost any mainstream politician in recent memory. Her glaring weaknesses should not be ignored or "left alone" lest we elect another leader on hype and glam alone.

Agree with this post 100% also.

The point in the discussion in which Palin hate turns into Christian hate is always interesting.

There's no Christian hate -- you wanna be victim -- she's asking God to "show her what to do" about the economy in work emails. Not only does it show that she, herself, has no idea what to do (shocking), but if you and I send more than three emails like that in our work emails, we get fired. It has no business being in work emails about the economy. If she was sending personal emails to her friends asking God to show her what to do (or even sending work emails about how great our Christian nation is and thanking God for America or praying for our soldiers), then fine, but not in work emails about the economy. Absolutely no place for that.

Last edited:
So there's no place for religious speech in work e-mails?

it's not liberal media.

it's silly media.

Silly, fuck yes. Capitalist, fuck yes. Probably making us all dumber for having listened to it, fuck yes.

Debateable, but if her economic plan is to pray, good luck.

Yeah, that really isn't debatable. There is absolutely room for religious talk in work emails. You are allowing your bias to blind you from rational discussion on the topic.

Yeah, that really isn't debatable. There is absolutely room for religious talk in work emails. You are allowing your bias to blind you from rational discussion on the topic.

Really, so if she was praying to Allah or a Pagan diety you'de have no problem with that?

I can think of virtually no workplace in which this would be acceptable in work emails except for within religious or social enterprises.

It very frankly doesn't belong in government, and shows a lack of preparedness on her part for a very real part of her actual job. Even if she did use her faith or talk to God about her decisions, she needs to be prepared to use some sort of analytic (or, more simply, Earth-based) logic when she justifies her decision making to the public. It's not good enough for me as a citizen to hear this is how her process works.

Really, so if she was praying to Allah or a Pagan diety you'de have no problem with that?

Would you have a problem with that?

What's the constitutional argument that religious speech should be banned in work communication?

Would you have a problem with that?

What's the constitutional argument that religious speech should be banned in work communication?

No, but I wouldn't vote for that plan of action as a way to address these issues.

No, but I wouldn't vote for that plan of action as a way to address these issues.

Why do you see prayer as the plan of action instead of a step towards putting together a plan of action?

If Palin said, "I'm going to talk to my advisor" would you say that was her entire economic strategy?

What if she said, "I'm going to go meditate" or "I'm going to read some Bible passages on economics" or "I'm going to talk to my counselor"?

Would your outrage be different?

Why do you see prayer as the plan of action instead of a step towards putting together a plan of action?

If Palin said, "I'm going to talk to my advisor" would you say that was her entire economic strategy?

In her case yes.

Look I have no problem with prayer and faith, but if Obama came out tomorrow and said the unemployment figures have gone in the crapper, and his solution was that he was going to pray about how to fix it, he would get slaughtered.

I'm not outraged, btw, I just think it's a political/resolution disaster.

Last edited:
In an email written in March 2008 she said that she had been praying for direction over the financial negotiations. "I have been praying for wisdom on this ... God will have to show me what to do on the people's budget because I don't yet know the right path ... He will show me though."

Just to remind us what we're arguing about. You really take issue with this? She's not saying the solution is praying. She's praying in order to receive the solution.

Back