• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fox and Hound closes, citing reduced sales

seemed pretty packed when I was there for homecoming.

How does one not make money selling booze

too bad, f&h was MONTE. hard to find places with real darts these days. they probably never recovered from the time we stole their most interesting man in the world cut-out poster.

too bad, f&h was MONTE. hard to find places with real darts these days. they probably never recovered from the time we stole their most interesting man in the world cut-out poster.

They had a pretty great shuffleboard setup too.

Food was AWFUL though

apparently it is hard to find places with real darts, because you don't seem to be well practiced

il_570xN.423977792_s79d.jpg

I spent my 21st there. I don't remember it.

I blame the location, that's not a good spot for a sports bar, too high end and no surrounding night life or walking traffic.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

I blame the location, that's not a good spot for a sports bar, too high end and no surrounding night life or walking traffic.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

It's a restaurant that lasted for what 13 or 14 years? Not sure anything is to blame. That's pretty good. I watched plenty of games there and I haven't lived in NC in 10 years.

it was always kinda sketchy at times...it opened before you had places to head downtown. competition killed them in W-S.

Got kicked out of F&H my first night out in Winston because a group of sketchy dudes wouldn't leave us (6 girls, I think) alone and one of us slapped one of them across the face. Welcome to Winston. That and the WVU game in 2005 (hurts just to type WVU) will be my lasting memories of that place.

Back