• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fox and Hound closes, citing reduced sales

RIP dollar drafts

Thirsty Thursdays at the Warthogs > Dollar Drafts at Taproom > Opera House > Burke Street Pizza (and maybe a hotdog from the guy out front too)

that was the life

All preceeded by those giant mugs of beer at la carreta

They have a few (count:two) female bartenders if memory serves. I remember one being standoffish, but the other was pretty cordial.

At least four. One was the owner, Robin. Then there was Katie, and then two more whose names I can't remember

Thirsty Thursdays did not go to the new park and team? WTF? That was a great part of summers in W/S.

Is La Carretta still open? Food sucked but they had a great beer special. I looked up Rose's Deli a while back, pics look like it has not changed.

Thirsty Thursdays did not go to the new park and team? WTF? That was a great part of summers in W/S.

Is La Carretta still open? Food sucked but they had a great beer special. I looked up Rose's Deli a while back, pics look like it has not changed.

"Thirsty Thursday" still exists but it's slightly discounted beers, not dollar beers.

La Carreta just closed their Coliseum Drive location but the others around town are still open.

The Bell Bros guys do have a new location though, Bell's Old Richmond Grill wayyy out on reynolda. we all went there for DDA's bachelor party

The Bell Bros guys do have a new location though, Bell's Old Richmond Grill wayyy out on reynolda. we all went there for DDA's bachelor party

Not the Bell family anymore. They were there only about a year, before crapping out. [pun intended]

I would have never guessed this place was once popular with Wake kids. Went a couple times over the last 3 years and the food was always terrible, sent back a couple beers for being skunked and everything had a weird sticky smell.

"Thirsty Thursday" still exists but it's slightly discounted beers, not dollar beers.

La Carreta just closed their Coliseum Drive location but the others around town are still open.

good grief

at least winston has some other new cool stuff now though

I would have never guessed this place was once popular with Wake kids. Went a couple times over the last 3 years and the food was always terrible, sent back a couple beers for being skunked and everything had a weird sticky smell.

after watching a lot of Bar Rescue lately, I can only imagine what the kitchen looks like and what's causing the tap issues and gross smell

good grief

at least winston has some other new cool stuff now though

The great development downtown on 4th Street and Trade Street/Arts District seems like it has definitely hurt the places a little farther out. There are some newer places in the Hanes Mall/Stratford area that I think about when I drive by them for errands, but when it comes to restaurants and bars I nearly always choose to go downtown.

I used to go for "Pub Night" with a rotating group of 10-12 almost every week back in the late 90's. It was fine back then. Food was acceptable, they were one of the first places around to have cider on tap, generally good times. But I haven't been back in probably 10 years, despite living in town. So I guess it's my fault.

Last edited:
I used to go for "Pub Night" with a rotating group of 10-12 almost every week back in the late 90's. It was fine back then. Food was acceptable, they were one of the first places around to have cider on tap, generally good times. But I haven't been back in probably 10 years, despite living in town. So I guess it's my fault.

Exactly, back in 2000-2002, it was the ONLY place in town to grab a beer and watch a game. I generally went out to Black Bear or Tap Room, but if a game was on, F&H was the only real choice. Back then the food wasn't too bad either. I doubt many/any Wake students were going there anymore now that downtown has actual options besides the options we had on Burke street.

Back