• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fox and Hound closes, citing reduced sales

The past couple times went there, the sanitation rating was a B. That's with extra credit too. Many of the locals I know avoided it for that reason.

Can't you pretty much take a dump in a sandwich, serve it, and get a B sanitation rating?

Loved that place when I was at Wake. Great place to play pool and terrific beer selection (or so it seemed to me in college). Don't recall it being sketchy in late 90's - 00. I don't know that I ever went after graduation. Still a little sad to see it go.

It's a restaurant that lasted for what 13 or 14 years? Not sure anything is to blame. That's pretty good. I watched plenty of games there and I haven't lived in NC in 10 years.

I doubt it just randomly started losing money in 2013, its an overly large restaurant that was 90% empty most of the time. Trust me, I've watched every season of kitchen nightmares ;-)

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ah, memories. Friend was busted for drugs in the parking lot.

Actually I forgot the one in Ballantyne. Not sure about that one. The one uptown closed.

il_570xN.423977792_s79d.jpg

yep.

Most of us mid-'00s dudes had a good thing going there with $2 pints and pool.

watched the 08 election results there... went back on a tuesday for pint night about a year ago and was glad to see they changed out the rear projection 50 inch big screens in the ceiling for flat screens. Guess everyone who was still living life in an 80's sports bar moved over to tee time

I have been there a few times over the last year or two and I never saw any Wake kids besides the few of us that would go and shoot pool. The crowd was.. how do I put this... not Wakeish? Infer from that what you will. Sort of surprised it closed. There were always a decent amount of people there.

Every Fox and Hound has the same smell. It smells like someone mopped the floor with a dirty mop and left the grimy water all over the floor. Furthermore, the floor of the men's bathroom at any given F&H has a disturbing amount of liquid on the floor.

$2 pints were kinda money. Did it a few times. I assume the influx of good bars downtown and the Red Zone Channel took away from F&H.

Every Fox and Hound has the same smell. It smells like someone mopped the floor with a dirty mop and left the grimy water all over the floor. Furthermore, the floor of the men's bathroom at any given F&H has a disturbing amount of liquid on the floor.

$2 pints were kinda money. Did it a few times. I assume the influx of good bars downtown and the Red Zone Channel took away from F&H.

lol this is very true. I liked F&H. Went more in the year after graduating than I did while a student.

Bummer. Black Bear, Fox and Hound, what other small haunts have closed since 2000? West End Tap Room still open? Opera House? Freddie B's?

Back