• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Frank (fully honest/accurate, who knows) NIL discussion

Link to the website:

Haha this is actually pretty good stuff. Obvious angle but I like how they are doing more with it than just Tyree posting hey go to Applebees on IG or something.

Weird to see my photo over here. Thanks?

Here's the story I wrote on the deal, along with a video outtake of one of the commercials they shot.

You posted it on Twitter. The whole world has access to it.

You posted it on Twitter. The whole world has access to it.
Not that big of a deal, but incorrect. The story (with a photo) was posted at 11:30 this morning on Twitter. The photo thrown on here was on our site on 247Sports/Demon Deacon Digest last evening.
Most important thing is that the story about Appleby (and his teammates) gets out.

Damn it Les your video spoiled the end of the campaign.

PUT BEHIND A SPOILER ALERT PLEASE

Damn it Les your video spoiled the end of the campaign.

PUT BEHIND A SPOILER ALERT PLEASE
Maybe they shot an alternative finish?

The biggest thing I've heard from folks today is wanting the t-shirts that the other players are wearing.

Curious what the arrangement is for Ty money wise, but whatever it is I'm glad he finally got this done. This is also why I wish either Wake or the ACC could have an office working on behalf of its players to help them monetize their success through legitimate means such as this. If such an office existed, it would be a lot easier for Ty than DMing a large company and hoping for the best. No reason stuff like this shouldn't be more common, after all these guys are local celebrities that should have every right to work with local businesses!

Ideas for how local businesses can have mutually beneficial relationships with Wake athletes:

Putters: hosting basketball players for autograph sessions before football games and football before basketball

Local bars: star players using social media to promote events

City of WS: use star players to deliver messages to residents (similar to some major cities using celebrities to film covid-related messages)

Car dealerships: use players in commercials or outfit them with dealer sponsored cars in exchange for promoting the business

All of this is legitimate, beneficial not just for the players but for the business and should be facilitated by those with the means to make it happen. Even a $2,000 deal with Tate's downtown to promote "Wake Wednesday" or whatever is something I'm sure every player would love to do.

Back