• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Freaks & Geeks at your Office

Dunno about recently married. She is super nice, and I don't want to mess up the not talking to each other at all thing we have going on currently, so it's cool with me. The only distraction is the amazing popcorn smell erry day.

We've got an engineer who looks exactly like a 5'3" comic book guy who always wears a dress shirt with cargo shorts and is perpetually barefoot, even when he goes to the bathroom.

so he's your height?

i think it was junior year we discovered that rj thought he was cheese's height. what a shrimp.

The person I share an office with makes 2 toaster strudels, covers them with nutella, and dips them in the icing. That's breakfast. Then she eats McDonalds for lunch. Every day. Well, not every day, Fridays she usually brings back Red Robin. Then she makes herself a bag of popcorn every day at 3, and eats it all. Throughout the day, her midday snacks typically consist of entire tins of Pringles, rolls of Starbursts and Life Savers, that sort of thing.

She's not even rly that fat.

Holy cow!! What is "not that fat"?

We have a popcorn machine in the office. It is fairly large. I'd assume it probably holds about 10-15 bags of popcorn. Without fail, every morning, she fires the thing up at 9:30am to make her first bowl. Then, when it is gone at around lunchtime, she makes another batch for the rest of the day. This lady is insane about popcorn. Obviously, she can't eat the whole thing and other employees eat it, but she can put it away.

Holy cow!! What is "not that fat"?

idk, not that fat. there are a few fat chicks in the office, and i would not consider her one of them.

she also just died her hair this weird light orange-ish color.

so bangable then? ugly face or something? i feel like you're holding something back

if i'm holding back, i guess it's cause i typically don't like talking shit about people's appearance, but that being said, no, she is not an attractive person by any stretch of the imagination.

Weirdest dude at my office is by far the IT guy. Very quiet. Inexplicably and far too frequently wears a loud blue shirt that would only fit in the disco era. Has sent around multiple emails trying to sell his collection of hummel figurines.

hummel%20spring%20dance.jpg

That said, a few years back a co-worker of mine sent the following email to the entire office, which to this day is the most glorious email I've ever received in my entire life. I swear I did not make this up:

"If anyone can take my cat (above) please let me know immediately as she is on her way to be put to sleep as of this evening. She is 10 years old, has a heart murmur and a rare ear cystic disease which requires a $1200 ear canal removal to fix, otherwise she is constantly itching her ears until she bleeds all over my house. There is no treatment. With our $4000 hospital bill for my infant daughter's recent stay due to pneumonia and rsv, we cannot spend the $1200 at this time. Also, the surgery is complicated by her age and heart murmur so the outcome cannot be guaranteed. She is not good with other cats or children, so I am not holding out much hope for her at this time but thought I would at least give it a shot. Thanks."

That said, a few years back a co-worker of mine sent the following email to the entire office, which to this day is the most glorious email I've ever received in my entire life. I swear I did not make this up:

"If anyone can take my cat (above) please let me know immediately as she is on her way to be put to sleep as of this evening. She is 10 years old, has a heart murmur and a rare ear cystic disease which requires a $1200 ear canal removal to fix, otherwise she is constantly itching her ears until she bleeds all over my house. There is no treatment. With our $4000 hospital bill for my infant daughter's recent stay due to pneumonia and rsv, we cannot spend the $1200 at this time. Also, the surgery is complicated by her age and heart murmur so the outcome cannot be guaranteed. She is not good with other cats or children, so I am not holding out much hope for her at this time but thought I would at least give it a shot. Thanks."

I like cats but I'd be putting that one down.

Ok - here's mine. Last week we upgraded to an Exchange 2010 server. We had to tell the users because it changed the address for their web exchange. So my coworker comes to me on Friday freaking out. She's like, start an email to me and right click on my name. So I do and she says "See how it says free for the next 8 hours. What is this?" and I explain that it is a feature of calendars and its always been there. I actually open of Scheduling Assistant and explain how that works, reiterating that people can only see things blocked out on her calendar and not what the actual appointments say. I explain this 3, 4 times in slightly different ways (she needs things explained a few times). Anyway, she seems satisfied with my explanation.

Five minutes later, she's back. "No, no your wrong" she says. Tells me to open Scheduling Assistant and hover over her name. I do, nothing happens. She says "That's weird, on mine when it hovers over my name it tells me what the appointment is" and I said "That's because YOU are allowed to see what is on YOUR calendar".

Last edited:
Ok - here's mine. Last week we upgraded to an Exchange 2010 server. We had to tell the user's because it changed the address for their web exchange. So my coworker comes to me on Friday freaking out. She's like, start an email to me and right click on my name. So I do and she says "See how it says free for the next 8 hours. What is this?" and I explain that it is a feature of calendars and its always been there. I actually open of Scheduling Assistant and explain how that works, reiterating that people can only see things blocked out on her calendar and not what the actual appointments say. I explain this 3, 4 times in slightly different ways (she needs things explained a few times). Anyway, she seems satisfied with my explanation.

Five minutes later, she's back. "No, no your wrong" she says. Tells me to open Scheduling Assistant and hover over her name. I do, nothing happens. She says "That's weird, on mine when it hovers over my name it tells me what the appointment is" and I said "That's because YOU are allowed to see what is on YOUR calendar".

tl;dr

Back